Thursday, March 19, 2009

T-Money



This is Taylor yesterday in his 6-9month "pants" that are now shorts and his 18 month BYU onesie that is now a shirt. Crazy kid. He wore those "pants" again today. Another great thing that happened yesterday. Taylor, Sophie and I went for a walk. They rode in our awesome double jogging stroller that I had to have and just love (yeah, now we have 5 strollers for 3 kids, but I love every one of them, strollers and kids). A white Dodge Durango drives by and he says "Look at that white van, mommy". I was actually watching it drive past and thinking about how ugly it was, I really don't like big American SUV's. Anyhow, then he says "When I'm a daddy, I'm going to go to the airport and get big white vans and ride on airplanes and stay at hotels and eat at restaurants". Craig has been traveling for work recently. So then I asked him, "Taylor, what do mommy's do?" and he says "make the dinner, clean it up and lay in the bed". OUCH!! I guess that confirms my belief that I should have been a daddy. I like being a girl, I just would rather do what the daddy gets to do. He's the most fun and gets paid and is the best looking and the smartest. I just get spit up on and have to deal with a stretched out body and messy house. Sucks to be me(I'm really good at pity parties, just ask my mom!). Anyhow, so then I tried to explain to him why I go back to bed after I feed him breakfast and put on his movie. But he zoned out when I tried to explain that at night when Daddy and Katie and Taylor are sleeping that Mommy is feeding Sophie and changing diapers. So I guess my kid thinks I'm lazy, but lucky him, he gets to grow up and be a Daddy.

11 comments:

Jason & Shannon said...

Haha, I love this! I love that daddies get to go on plane rides, lucky that he gets to become a daddy.

yaya said...

Ok lazy Mommy, lets get something straight...first:you are not lazy! Second:Sure Craig is good looking, the mold I used was one of a kind, but you are the cutest little nugget this side of the Mississippi! I'm sure he would trade in plane rides and all the other "fun" that goes along with that to be with his sweet wife and kiddos. You have a wonderful family and that didn't just happen, it took a really good Mommy with help from a really good Daddy to put your priorities in the right place. You are were you should be for this time in your life. Now, go back to bed before I smack you! (p.s. Love ya!)

rachel said...

Absolutely LOVE those pics of Taylor! BTW, Craig is good looking, but you are absolutely beautiful!!!

Steve and Hailey said...

He might be driving you crazy, but he's pretty darn cute. We sure miss you guys.

Kent and Leisy said...

just this morning I grumbled to kent that he should stay home to clean the house and deal with the tantrum thrower and I would go to class and get a free lunch and learn cool stuff for him. I want to join in on the pity party please.

Phil and Amanda said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Phil and Amanda said...

Taylor is a crack up! It's funny becasue Alexis does the same thing with Addy's clothes!

Ohhh....out of the mouths of babes...

I would love to be able to have YOUR job! :-)

Donna said...

Gee, have to tell you that every mommmy has these moments but then you have the "grateful' ones where your are just so happy to have the family you do, etc....and when you have those,...be grateful for the MIL you have...she is just the greatest! Reading her neat comments sounds just like her...she always talks me up and makes me laugh & feel better when I'm in a funk! I think Craig chose you because you are a lot like her!!!

Amy and Craig said...

Thanks for the pep talk Mommo! You're really good at that, I agree with Donna!

donna said...

I agree with Yaya and Donna! What they said!!!

Rachael said...

Hilarious. I love that story! And yes, Mammo has it ALL figured out. I agree with her and think I needed that peptalk, too! :)