Here are the pix of the Amish people that I snuck. The first is the guy in Home Hardware when we went to see Santa Clause(that was the sight of Craig's first job). The second picture is difficult to see, but it's an Amish lady and a little Amish girl at the truck stop in Ashland. Their family was selling baskets on the road side and they were inside staying warm.
We took some pix on our 10hr trek up to the OHIO! The first pic of the peach wasn't too far from home(we were still in SC). The next pic was taken in Charlotte, NC and the last was in Virginia, I think. It was fun to see the leaves disappear off the trees and by the time we got to Ohio it was November as we remember it.
Last night for FHE we made Turkey cookies and decorated them and took them to friends in the neighborhood and ward. It was really fun. We are off to Yaya and Papa's house now! It's a mixed blessing to leave the mid 70's here in Greenville for 40's and snow, but it'll probably be the only snow we see this year!
Craig was in the wrong place at the wrong time and was arrested today at the Fall Festival. Somebody planted some stuff on him and he's in the clank for the next couple days! I think they'll let him out by Thanksgiving but it'll be on his record. The bail is set at $25,000 so he'll just have to serve his jail time. We were hoping that Derek could give us some legal advice and maybe serve as his lawyer.
(if you believed me, breathe a sigh of relief, this is just a joke, I repeat, this is only a joke!)
1. I was born with the gift of spinning.....I can spin balls, plates, pillows, boxes, VCR's, kids (just kidding) on my finger. I can even spin stuff and put it on other people's fingers....only if they're willing to try spinning.
2. I had to take speech classes when I was a kid. As soon as I could say "Refrigerator" correctly, I could graduate.
3. I can blow bubbles from my mouth. I generate the bubbles with my tongue and the bottom of my mouth.....kind of freakish, but cool.
4. My senior year of high school I was the MVP of my basketball team. We were a pretty decent team, but we never made it to the state finals or anything.
5. I drove a new Chevy Trailblazer for a year that had "Rubbermaid" stamped on the side of it. The insurance, gas and maintenance were free.....I wonder if I can get that car back?
6. I got flashed by a crazy old lady on my mission. My companion and I were on bikes sitting at a red light and she ran up to us. She then lifted her shirt and started rubbing herself. Probably one of the nastiest things I've ever seen.......unless you count the time I saw my old babysitter giving herself a sponge bath in the hospital. Or the time that I went to a wedding on my mission and there were half-naked girls up on stage dancing for everyone.....that wasn't too nasty, just very weird and awkward.
Sorry I keep forgetting, that I got tagged. Six little known facts about me okay, here goes:
1- I didn't pass my driving test the first time around. Yeah, it's true. Only my mom and Craig know about this(Hailey and Rachael might know too). Anyhow, my mom was awesome and we fibbed and said I didn't get to take it and I rescheduled. Now THAT is love! Thanks mom, you're the best secret keeper EVER!
2- We just sold our house. We didn't make much of anything, we hardly broke even which is really disappointing, but it's nice to feel like we're really here in Greenville now.
3- I still love to play dress-up. I guess that's why I love Halloween so much and why I want to add to our Halloween Costume box every year.
4- I only liked school because my friends were there. It's true. I hated missing even when I was sick because I wanted to know what was going on with everybody at school. Okay, I didn't want to have to make-up all the work either.
5- I don't wash my new clothes before wearing them, in fact, I wear them with the tags still on most of the time. I have yet to return something after wearing it out though. I think it all comes down to a fear of commitment! :>
6- I still have dreams that I'm a good runner(or completely fluent in Spanish, or great at skiing) and then I wake up and realize that I still struggle to make it through a 5k. I guess I'll just have to keep working on it and figure it's just one of those things I'm not so gifted at.
Those are my six things. I hope you all don't think less of me because of them. Here are my six people. They may or may not have blogs.
1- Jordi Fletcher 2- Kathy Starkey 3- Craig Starkey(I'll have him post it on our blog, of course) 4- Derek Howell (if he has time) 5- Mom Howell (she can post on my blog too if she wants to) 6- Dad Howell (ditto for dad)
Saturday we went to Chimney Rock NC. It was so fun! The Fall colors are just at peak and it was breathtaking the whole way there(only 1 hour) and the hike was awesome! We had such a wonderful time! We didn't even leave the house until after noon and we got back at 7pm. We hiked Chimney Rock and Pulpit Rock and Vista Rock(there are lots of rocks on that mountain). This was where they filmed "Last of the Mohicans". Now we've been up to Lake George where "Last of the Mohicans" actually took place and down here to where they filmed the movie!
Taylor fell in love with these cowboy boots at the consignment shop. I thought they were still asking too much for them so we didn't get them, but after hearing about the cowboy boots for a week I gave in! They are his only choice for footwear now!
Look at him go! This is just before heading out for Trick-or-Treating!It was the most perfect Halloween ever! The stuff that we remember as kids. Parents and kids out going from house to house. perfect weather(mid-60's), no rain, light wind. We are really loving out neighborhood now!
Established: April 29th 2000
Including: Craig, Amy, Katie and Taylor Starkey
Locations: From Provo. UT to Syrcuse, NY to Wooster, OH to Henderson, KY to Greenville, SC and now back up to the Great White North(basically from sea to shining sea).