Monday, March 16, 2009

Mom...we're sick...I think we're dying...(it's from the movie ET)





Well, Taylor had Strep throat starting last week. Craig missed some of the fun as he was out of town Monday through Wednesday. But no worries, Katie got sick Friday so Craig didn't miss everything. Anyhow, they gave Katie amoxicillon even though her strep test came back negative. Taylor's culture was so strong they figured that she probably had it as well and she may have(I guess that 1 in 10 cultures come back negative). She seems to be working on a sinus infection now. Any idea if the amoxicillon will help with that? It doesn't seem to be helping at all. I really don't want to take her back in. I think I'm bankrolling a new pool for the Dr. at this point. We'd love any extra prayers out there that Sophie doesn't get any of this. We spent a quiet weekend at home. I did escape to the spa on Saturday for a facial. It was fantastic. I was glad that I had saved my gift certificate from Valentine's Day 2008 until after I had Sophie. We quarrentined ourselves on Sunday as well. There is some nasty stuff going around, 2 of Katie's classmates have been in the hospital. One with Pneumonia and one with Rotavirus (ick). 5 were out sick today and the kid we carpool with (who probably helped pass on strep since he had it the week before us, but what can you do?), is out sick now. Needless to say, our warm weather is gone. We're back to rain (buckets of it, I'm guessing we're out of our drought now)and 40's. It's supposed to be up to around 70 tomorrow though. That'll be nice. Our backyard is currently a pond.
Oh, hey dad, can you come untangle the slinky for us again? hee hee!

8 comments:

donna said...

Hey, the first thing he said was "I untangled that when I was there!"

Get better! We are praying...hard!

Love you!

Phil and Amanda said...

Awww! poor babes! It is just going around EVERYWHERE! The girls' doctor prescribed Amoxicillin for Alexis when she had a sinus infection too. It will help if it is a bacterial infection...not so much a viral infection. Alexis did seem to get better after taking it, although she had been sick nearly a week before we started it, so who knows!

I love Taylor's shirt by the way. lol!

yaya said...

I hate,hate,hate strep! I had it so much when I was a kid...back then you didn't get meds that tasted good, just shots in the butt! We'll keep you in our prayers and hope everyone gets well soon and stay well! We are also getting cooler in the next few days after some nice weather near 70...

Rachael said...

Oh, that's so unfair! No more sick kids. We'll pray hard for Sophie to stay well. We had a couple days of croup with Carver last week, but that stayed with him miraculously. I don't know how since he coughed and wheezed ALL over us and the entire house. I think amoxicillin should help the sinus infection.

And hey - you've got our same weather! Rain and 40s - what Seattle does best. Except that it keeps snowing off and on, too, right now. Makes me appreciate the rain... :)

Kent and Leisy said...

only a small percentage of sinus infections are actually bacterial so that may be the reason the antibiotic isn't helping! I am so sorry that you are all sick and we are definitely praying that sophie stays healthy! I get so nervous every time Zeb coughs around ike.

Steve and Hailey said...

That is the saddest post ever. I'm so sorry. I keep hoping that things start looking up. It's really not fair that the weather didn't even stay pretty for you.

Steve and Hailey said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Steve and Hailey said...
This comment has been removed by the author.