Wednesday, June 3, 2009

The end of school






Tomorrow is the last day of school for Katie. Taylor's school ended a couple weeks ago. He put on a little program and got to play the cymbols. He looks like a little wind-up monkey toy to me. Katie got the "Terrific Kid Award" and we're so proud of her. We already knew she was a Terrific kid but now she has the award to prove it. She also made her AR (accelerrated reader, they read books and then take a test on them to test their comprehension) goal and out of the whole class there were maybe only 5 kids that did that. Also Sophie started rice cereal this week. I'm excited for her to have another option (other than me) for food and excited to not have to pack lunches or run carpool or be at the bus stop. The incessant squabbling between Katie and Taylor has already been going for a couple weeks (mostly because Taylor is such a pill right now). Hopefully these pesky kids (that's meant in a loving way) will quit waking me up at night so I can get some rest and we'll have a wonderful summer break. Enjoy the pix of Sophie with Katie's teacher, Mrs. Bliss and Taylor with his teacher, Mrs. Ann.

4 comments:

yaya said...

I always loved when school was done because I hated packing everyone's lunches! Good job Katie! I agree, you are a terrific kid!!!!! We decided that Taylor has a bit of a southern accent, and we loved his cymbal playing..gets his musical talent from his Dad I think. Tell Craig to come see his Chiro for some real treatment for that pulled hammy!

Donna said...

Looks like Taylor is your hambone!! He has a lot of personality walking up that aisle!! Baby Sophie just gets prettier and prettier! Congrats, Katie, on the GOOD KID award!!

Rachael said...

I keep seeing more and more of Craig in Taylor - I loved how he hammed it up for you. Such a Starkey!! :) And I just love that Katie's teacher's name is Mrs. Bliss. How cool is that? Good luck with summer vacation. I think we can, I think we can..... :)

Phil and Amanda said...

Mrs. Bliss!? How can you even hear that and not think of Saved By The Bell?

Taylor cracked me up in that little video! He's such a goofball. Congratulations Katie!

Don't you just love the baby tongue reflex when you introduce new foods and you have to give them the same spoonful over and over again. Addy has graduated to Cheerios now. She doesn't have any teeth yet but that child will eat ANYTHING. Seriously.