Thursday, June 25, 2009

Ode to Craiggle




We had a really wonderful Father's Day. I feel bad that I can't make it as special as I want to, now that I need more help with things, but we still had a nice breakfast together (and even slept in til 7:30am) and a nice lunch. It was fun to shower him with lots of needed gifts in the wardrobe dept. New shorts (the one's he'd been wearing were too big, left overs from the KY days), shirts, tie, swim trunks and shoes. Also a specially ordered Oreo cake and a lunch of his fav red cabbage and pork chops (never mind that the chops turned out like little hockey pucks). We all love him and hope he knows that he's everybody's favorite person in the family (EVERYBODY, even Sophie and that's saying a lot since she's still nursing). It's nearly impossible to make him mad, he's good-looking and funny and he is nice and clean. He also pretty much always does what needs to be done without ever needing to be asked; what's not to love?

6 comments:

Donna said...

Gee, and his legs are cute too!!!
That Sophie is one stinkin' cute child!!!....poor thing though,...daddy need to leave her food alone!

yaya said...

I knew my Craigie was keeper the first time I felt him kick in womb! Poor Sophie! I think it was the towel thingie around her neck that made her mad! Glad you had a fun Dad's day!

donna said...

I would say he sounds too good to be true, but I know him! And how does he do that thing he does of showing up in videos with the perfect silly face? Good picking Amy! Happy Father's Day Craig!

Steve and Hailey said...

I LOVE how Sofie looks down at the bowl! She is thinking that maybe the bananas are really yummy since Daddy likes them so well. I love all the Craiggle pictures! Happy Father's Day! I hope Steve felt as loved. We had to celebrate on a random Thursday since he was gone.

Rachael said...

Happy late Father's Day - guess I was up to my ears in stuff before our trip. How'd I miss this great post? Can I tell you how happy I am to see Sophie in REAL LIFE!! She's as wonderful as she seemed on the blog. :)

Steve and Hailey said...

It was weird to talk on the phone today because we had spent so much time together...it was still so nice though and I'll see you soon.