Friday, June 12, 2009

Success at last!



Here's a video of Taylor during his swim lessons. He's doing awesome Katie is also taking lessons again. She is doing private lessons and as usual doing amazing. They are both such great swimmers. I guess we'll stick with this. It's fantastic to see them excel and really enjoy themselves. Thanks to mom for helping with Katie's swim lessons as part of Katie's birthday present. Katie's learning so much and can almost swim the whole length of the pool. I think we'll try to keep her in private lessons for at least one more session to see if she can improve her strokes enough to be on swim team if she wants to. The neighborhoods here have their own swim teams and they compete against one another during the summer months. Katie and Taylor's swim lesson teacher is the lady in charge of the swim team at the neighborhood where we're doing lessons. She's really excellent. I can't decide if swim team at this age is a good idea or not. I guess I'll have to ask more questions about how many practices they have and how long they are. All I know so far is they have to be able to swim the width of the pool and they start at age 5 and work on their strokes. Sounds like a good idea to me! I like that it's not during the school year too.

5 comments:

Kent and Leisy said...

the swim team idea sounds great! I'm sure it's not insanely competitive and is a nice thing to do in the summer! your kids definitely have the right bodies for being good swimmers!

Kent and Leisy said...

p.s. I got the people magazine yesterday and couldn't put it down! oh, how I love a little trashy reading material!! thank-you thank-you thank-you!

yaya said...

Hey, way to go Taylor! Even tho I love soccer, that sure does look like much more fun for summer! Keep up the good work Taylor and Katie!

donna said...

I've always believed you were really a mermaid, so I guess that's why your kids are water babies too.

Great job! It nearly persuades me to get wet! :)

Rachael said...

What good little fish you have! I hope that swimming ends up being just right for your kiddos. I think swim team is awesome - I hope it works out to be something fun.