Sunday, June 7, 2009

Last Soccer game, new hair cut and all that jazz!







This weekend was really nice. It quit raining (not that we're sad about the rain, because as everybody is quick to remind us, we need the rain, we're in a drought)and the sun came out. Taylor had a early soccer game and it was his last one(hallelujah). He really wasn't a stellar soccer player. Mostly he just cried a lot. We can do that at home without paying the YMCA and having Craig coach. He won't be playing an organized sport again until age 6 we've decided. Anyhow you can see by the pictures that during practice he was fine. Actually, in the 4th quarter of the game he did kick the ball away from his goal (great defense T-money). But most the time was spent crying, whining, or picking grass, as you can see from the other picture. In his defense the team was 4-5 year old team and he was by far the smallest kid out there. Also a lot of the games were in the afternoon and it's hot and miserable already. He and Katie start swim lessons this week so lets hope for more success there!
Also this weekend I got my hair cut! It was wonderful to take off without any kids after we got home from the soccer game. I also really enjoy having it shorter. It feels all neat and cleaned-up! This week I'll cut Taylor's hair (and maybe Craig's) and take Katie to get hers trimmed a bit. sorry for the pix of my tired face, but that's how I look at 11:30pom!

7 comments:

Christina said...

Oh my goodness!! Your hair is super cute!! I love it. You look so good in short hair. I'm hopefully getting my hair cut this week. Hooray for hair off of the neck!

Donna said...

A-DOR-ABLE haircut!!!!!

yaya said...

The hair is super sweet and sassy! And I wouldn't have known it was 11:30 because you're adorable all the time! I think 4 is too young to start a sport so waiting is the right thing to do and will keep your sanity. I know they will enjoy the swimming so have fun!

donna said...

What yaya said!

I want my tired face to look like that at 11:30pm. And I'd be happy with my hair looking like that at any time of the day!

Poor Taylor, he really is so good at sports. He just needs to be a little older.

Steve and Hailey said...

Your hair is gorgeous! I love the third picture down. You do that pose so well. I have finally decided that I if I want my hair done I have to shower at night and then I can get my hair wet in the morning and re-do it. There is never time to shower, do hair and get make-up done.

Rachael said...

Amy, you are gorgeous any time!! You have amazing hair and I love that cut. I LOVE that last one, too. It's so you and makes me feel like we're all right there being goofy together at 11:30 with you.

hurray for the end of soccer. Wait and let him forget that he didn't like soccer. We should've waited on Ellie, too, because she doesn't want to play anymore. But guess what? I'm not going to pay $100 to make her. She'll just do something else. And that's okay, too!

Swimming sounds perfect. I hope they have a blast!

Jordan said...

Darling hair, darling!