Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Reasons I love Greenville!









We went downtown Greenville on Saturday evening. There is always stuff going on down there. Shakespeare in the park has started. It's free to watch. Katie, Sophie and I enjoyed some of it while Craig and Taylor threw rocks in the river. Also there is this crazy tree with amazing roots down at the Reedy Falls Park. Great restaurants line Main Street. All the people watching is free. They have a wonderful Saturday Market. We can always go down and park for free for the free events, concerts, parades, festivals, street fairs. There is a little train track area that has water fountains for the kids to play in, and ducks to feed and a fabulous gelato shop. There is an old wharehouse that is rented out for parties and weddings. The video shows us walking back to our free parking garage and there is a wedding reception going on there. I just love it! Also I added a pic of Sophie. She came to us in Greenville and we are so happy to have her!

9 comments:

Kent and Leisy said...

how fun! I especially love the tree roots. and zeb would love love love the train. it isn't too hot down there quite yet I take it? It is killer humid today. i am not ready for the summer.

yaya said...

I remember all those cute places when we visited last year! That reception place is truly awesome and how fun to have a wedding there...But let's get real, Ashland is so similar, we have tree roots, train tracks (no trains), a park with free concerts, an icecream joint or two and don't forget AW stand and if you want a wedding in a tornado we know just the place!

Donna said...

Yep, it looks like a great place to live...
and that Sophie...is just getting GORGEOUS!!!! Looks like she is getting blond..?

Steve and Hailey said...

That looks beautiful. I love the top picture of Sophie. She looks so happy.

Rachael said...

Okay, I think I could just look at that picture of Sophie on the bed for the rest of my life and not get tired of her. BEAUTIFUL - and completely perfect. Plus, sleeping babies are the best! :)

Greenville sounds perfect, too. I can't believe what a good fit it is for your family! Who'd have thunk?!

Phil and Amanda said...

Sophie is ADORABLE and that park looks sooo fun! So much to do! I bet it keeps Taylor and Katie busy for a while!

donna said...

I love Greenville too! And Sophie (what a great picture of her! She's changed so much! I can't wait to see you all next month!)

Megan said...

yummm gelato! That does sound like fun! Especially the free parts, that's right in our budget. ha ha, the scenery is so pretty, it's sooo green, and that is a pretty awesome looking tree.

donna said...

Oh, and is it possible that Sophie is a tad more Howellesque than Katie and Taylor?