Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Sofa Loaf



On Sunday we had Stake Conference. The Apostle Dallin H. Oaks came to our Stake Conference. He is warm and funny and speaks with such love and authority. Craig and I usually split up the Saturday meetings. He goes to Priesthood and I meet him and we swap the kids and I stay for the adult session. This time we got a sitter though. It was really neat to shake Elder Oaks' hand and to hear all the interesting stories he had to tell. His message was clear, prepare now because we're in for a wild ride.
Anyhow, as you can see from the pix, Sophie is a little Chinese (or Taiwanese) baby. We have a Taiwanese lady in our ward who loves Sophie and sometimes takes her during 3rd hr while Craig and I have classes to teach. She brought this little outfit on Sunday and unbeknownst to us changed Sophie into it. Everybody thought we'd be so mad, but I thought it was cute and as long as I got Sophie's other dress back, I didn't care. We always tell Sis. Morton to speak as much Chinese to Sophie as possible.
Well, you can see Sophie's reaction to our camera by her "surprised" eyes. That is a classic Sophie look. She used to do that whenever the kids were around her. Well they can't surprise her with all their crazy noises anymore, but I guess the red light on the camera still can.
Sophie is doing well though, she's 5 months now and thriving as you can tell. We're already into size 3 diapers and she's over 15 lbs, probably closer to 16 or 17 but I'm not sure b/c our scale ran out of batteries and I haven't replaced them yet (like I want to know how much I weigh, only Craig uses that thing). She can roll over and play with her pacifier and grab anything near her. She is still so good and so sweet. Katie and Taylor (especially Katie) are so good with her. We're finally starting to fall into a rhythm and are looking forward to summer when we won't have to run so many carpools.

7 comments:

yaya said...

Love the outfit! It matches her eyes...it would be sweet if the kids picked up Chinese and Spanish from you two. Hey, Craigie, congrats on your new calling! Glad your conference was so nice.

Donna said...

Sophie is sooo cute!!! In these pics I think she looks so much like Katie AND Craig!!! funny...

donna said...

I love the outfit. What a great color on her! And that top picture is so baby you. The bottom one, not as much. I think it's because it was really hard to surprise you. I mean who was going to do it, me or Derek? :)

Kent and Leisy said...

I can't believe she changed her into the outift! that is fuuuuunny. People from other countries are so peculiar sometimes. and I loved sophie's eyes. She looks a lot like that in the pic she and ike have together.

Rachael said...

I loved this post - all the newsy details that make me feel like we live closer.

and I LOVE that she changed her clothes. So funny!! Sophie is beautiful and that outfit is perfect on her. can't WAIT to finally meet her!

Your conference sounds really neat - I'm going to have to call for more details..... maybe right now!

CLAIR and METTA SEMRAD said...

melon head..is it true or false that you will be here for my wedding!?!?!

Jordan said...

omg that is the cutest outfit! i always wanted one for ev since she's got the asian eyes, but i couldn't find one in her size. bless the sweet little taiwanese sister :)