Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Happy Birthday Katie!




Yesterday was Katie's big day and what a day it was! We had the kitchen decorated all Hannah Montana for her in the morning and I tried to take in little ice cream cups for her class. The school wouldn't let me in to see her during her lunch because some of the older kids were testing somewhere in the school. They generously let me drop off the insulated bag though. I tried to pick her up from school to bring her home (she couldn't bring that huge bag home on her own) but they had already put her on the bus so they were kind enough to let me sign in, make a made dash (with Sophie and Taylor in tow) to the classroom, get the bag, sign out and pray I made it home before the bus so she would be allowed off. Wow! That school, just a bunch of helpers over there!
Anyhow, when Katie got home we created the pink pony cake out or the pink pies. Then Craig came home and we all went to Red Robin for dinner. That has been planned since last year! When we were there the Red Robin showed up. Unfortunately Katie is terrified of the robin, but it didn't come over and we were mostly all done.
After we got home we opened presents and danced and sang with the Kareoake machine. Then we talked her in to letting us sing and having some of the pie. It was a fantastic day for her (other than me not being at lunch) and so fun! (Oh, sorry about the birthday cake video, there were boxes on the floor I was tripping over)

8 comments:

Donna said...

Looks like you have a dancer in the family!! Too cute...the cake was beautiful...and what a good mom taking in cupcakes! Happy Birthday Katie!!!

Rachael said...

What a happy day! I love that dancing - wowee! A regular rockstar in the making. :) And is the pony made out of ice cream pies? It looks fabulous!

I can totally relate on the school run-around... they're all about the kids, right? and making life exceptionally difficult for their parents. I'm so glad it worked out, but what a disappointment not to let you in for lunch!! Lame-o.

Tell Katie we love her!!

Kent and Leisy said...

holy freaking pink ice cream horse cake. WOW amy. very very impressive.

Phil and Amanda said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, KATIE!!

I LOVE the cake you made, Amy! That is awesome! Alexis would die if she saw that!

yaya said...

Happy Birthday Katie! Nice outfit and what a great dancer you are...I guess that means Med school is out?? Looks like it was a rockin' party and the cake (or pie?) was really creative. Also, I now can see why Craig got an A plus in choir!

Steve and Hailey said...

I love those videos. The dancing was awesome and I think I know awesome dancing when I see it. Your cake is so cute and I just loved hearing your how you tried to do everything right and the school was retarded. Totally not fair. I can't believe they thought you dropping off ice cream would interfere with older grade testing! Whatever!

donna said...

Loved the video! What a great dancer! Way to go Katie! Happy 7th Birthday! It looks like it was a very happy day with a fabulous cake!

Grandpa and I love you and think you're the best rocker ever!

Tanner Mills said...

"she made smoke, she made smoke in the house!" hahaha that was funny.