Sunday, May 17, 2009

Greek Festival!






Friday night we went downtown Greenville to the Greek Festival. It was $1 for adults to get in and free for kids. We got a bunch of Loukoumades (like donut holes with cinnamon sugar) to split and listened to the live Greek music and watched the Greek Dancers. The parking was free and it was fun to go check it out. They also had a little flea market with Greek stuff and carnival rides. Also tours of the Greek Orthodox Church. The kids did great, especially considering we had gone swimming before this so I'm sure they were tired.
Oh, you can see the picture of the Uhaul that ran into that brick facade of the atm of that bank! Man, it made me think of Derek's move from or to TX when Roy ran into that gas station overhang! Sucks to be those guys! I hope they got the insurance!!

6 comments:

donna said...

Hey, why wasn't Craig out there dancing? How do you guys ALWAYS find the funnest things to do?

I hope there will be some kind of festival happening when I come next time. :)

Rachael said...

Taylor didn't look nearly as into as Katie did, but he was sure a good sport! I LOVE Katie's new shirt... :) Fits great - whew!

That is the coolest thing ever, especially since it was so cheap! I love cheap.

Phil and Amanda said...

We had a Greek Festival in Mansfield this weekend! (Same $1 admission) We couldn't go because we were in a wedding...but I wanted a Gyro...BAD! Looks so fun!

Steve and Hailey said...

South Carolina is so fun! I really want to come again. I am still sad that North Carolina doesn't seem to be an option for our future. Hooray for your airfare for August! I'm so glad that Metta is getting married! Heheeehe.

yaya said...

I was thinking of going to the Greek festival in Mansfield too...But I was babysitting Addy so Phil and Amanda could go to the wedding that made them miss the festival! Hmmm..we should have all gone to the festival and skipped the wedding! But sweet Addy was so much fun, I didn't want to miss her! Looks so fun, it reminds me of some Greek picnics I went to as a kiddo. Oh ya, Grandma can make those donut thingies..OOPA!

yaya said...

Oh, I need to ask: Did anyone ask Craig if he was Greek? He does sort of look Greek..If I'm ever at anything Greek, I always get this exchange:THEM:"are you Greek?" ME:"yes" THEM:"do you speak Greek?" ME:"ummm...well...no" THEM: blank stares...cricket sounds..."oh" Translation:"you're no Greek..you big slacker" ME:"I knew I should have gone to Greek school when Mom said I should!"