Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Metta and Clair's Wedding Weekend

























Holy ton of pictures, I know. I had so much fun this past weekend and didn't want to cut out any of the pix I took.
I flew in to SLC on Thursday at 4pm, rented a car and made the drive down to Provo. Sophie was an amazing traveling companion. I even got to read a magazine, take a nap and watch the in flight movie "My Life in Ruins". Hailey and I hung out for a little bit and then went up to Alpine to have a wonderful pedicure night with the aunties and cousins. I had such a blast! It was so great to see everybody and hang out at Annie's house. We had fun bride flip flops for Metta too. Oh, also I think that Laney should know that Hailey and I did change out the foot bath water between each of us NOT just after her (later at Hailey's house). The cousins who did not made their own choice! :>
Metta and Clair Semrad got sealed in the Mt. Timp temple on Sat Aug. 29th at 10am. It was so wonderful to be there. I really appreciated the calm of being in the temple and was able to feel strongly that our Grandma Howell was present or at least aware of the ordinance. It was a wonderful experience for me (and I'm sure everybody else). I'm so grateful to Steve's mom, Adele for watching Sophie for me during the sealing.
The luncheon was such a party! The food was fabulous. What I wouldn't do for another plate of that Los Hermanos followed by Laney's Costco cookies right now! It was so fun to hang out with my parents, Hailey, and all my cousins.
That night the reception was at Thanksgiving Point in the Hidden waterfall area. Coincidentally, Craig and I had our engagement pix taken there. It was the most perfect evening. I'm so glad that I could be there. Sadly, Sunday morning came too early. I had to be up at 4am to make my 7am flight home. Sophie and I are just now recovering from the lack of sleep, but it was all worth it! Congrats to Metta and Clair! 5 days down, Eternity to go!

5 comments:

Kent and Leisy said...

it was so fun! I am soooo glad that you could make it out!! I can't wait until somebody else gets married!!!

Donna said...

I love an outdoor wedding...looks like it was beautiful...and so are you girls!!!

yaya said...

Looks like a blast! The pic of your parents is awesome...so cute. I love your dress...very wild! Glad you're home safe and sound. I see Sophie's hair is growing too!

Rachael said...

I'm glad to see pictures of the wedding - I've been dying for some... who knows why? You look fabulous in the zebra dress and I love ALL those pics. I don't blame you for posting them all! I'm so glad that you had a great weekend and that Sophie cooperated.

donna said...

It was so much fun! Do you notice how you look fabulous in ALL the pictures? Where did that gene come from? I want it too. :)