Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Katie's 1st Day of 2nd Grade





Katie started 2nd grade last Wednesday. She has Mrs. Gault and really likes her. She has lots of kids in her class that she knows already and was so excited to start school on her first day. She is still really liking it although she isn't already up and dressed first thing in the morning anymore. She is doing really great at being more independent at her homework (math and spelling). She's a fabulous reader and so is also great at spelling. We're still working on getting math on a more memorized level but she's doing really well.
In other news, Sophie is so busy! Sorry for the blurry pic, but I thought it showed her "baby legs" (the little leg warmer things that you can get for crawling babies to protect their little knees) best. I wouldn't be surprised if she followed in her daddy's footsteps (literally) and started walking at 9 months. She's cruising around on everything. Sadly she keeps falling and bonking her head. I'm sure it helps add to the pain of the teeth she is working on.

7 comments:

yaya said...

Fun pics as always! I love your new family pic at the top. Katie looks so grown up (I notice she still has her front teeth!) and I think Taylor looks older too and taller. I love Katie's sandals,very sassy and stylin'...Sophie is a mover and groover...BTW, Craig bonked his head many times too, which should explain alot. Good luck with school this year Katie and Taylor!

rachel said...

Hooray for Katie! That's amazing she is in 2nd grade! I noticed Katie's sandles too! They remind me of yours in your blog title pic-which is adorable too!

Donna said...

Love the new header pic...such a handsome family! -and the pic of the sandwich mustaches...cute!! Katie looks so grown up this year in her back to school photo...have a good year!!!

donna said...

I agree! I agree! Katie is so tall and grown up looking. I believe she's in school already! Ours starts tomorrow. And Taylor is looking grown up too. I guess that is what happens. :)

The new family photo is fun. Where was it taken? Yaya's comment about Craig cracked me up.

Craig said...

Thanks a lot Mom! I can always count on you for "nice" comments. :)

yaya said...

Oh Craigle, you know I'm only kidding! Love ya!

Rachael said...

I've been thinking of Katie going back to school this week! She looks so grown up and happy to be there, just as it should be. We met teachers yesterday and are gearing up for next Wednesday. I have to admit that summer vacation has been great and I'm sad to see it end.

I love your family picture on the top. And those leg warmer things are so cute!! When does Taylor start preschool? It's a bummer it's always later, isn't it? I'm excited for Ellie to have her first day the same as Lydia this year.