Sunday, September 27, 2009

WE WON THE RACE!!!





Friday evening after a long day at school for Katie and a long dentist appointment for all of us, we went to the BMW Fun Run/walk (2 miler). It was really cool to be there all together as a family. You can see Taylor warming up for the race in that huge puddle and Katie pouting because we wouldn't let her play in it in her tennis shoes before the race. I pushed Taylor and Sophie in the jogger and Katie rode most of the time on Craig's back. I was really annoyed that she couldn't even walk that far, but at the mile and a half mark, she bucked up, got down and started running! We ran all the way to the finish line! It was so great! She was so thrilled and completely convinced that we had won the race (and to me we had). The kids got ribbons and they had wonderful snacks and then the BMW Performance Drivers got out on the track and started racing the cars. People who won the raffle got to ride in the cars. It was really a wonderful experience and I'm so glad we went!

6 comments:

Donna said...

Good for you...Tim, the cross country coach, would be so proud of you!!! Katie is such a hoot...very transparent..you sure know what she does NOT like...so funny!!!

Rachael said...

CONGRATS!!! Totally cool to do it as a family. Piggy back rides totally count. :)

yaya said...

Ok, so BIG MORMON WAGONS has a race??? Cool...Ames, you look so pro! I love, love, love Katie's expressions. Sophie's legs look very long in that stroller. Taylor came prepared for puddles (pawpaw would be so proud..be prepared is his motto)Now a comment about Craig...(sound of crickets) Well, love ya! How's that?

donna said...

I am very impressed and I think I heard you say that if you won the race you won a BMW? I'm so proud of Katie for running the last half mile! You go Katie!!!

You really do have ALL the fun. (I was wondering where my fun had gone lately, now I know!) :)

Steve and Hailey said...

That looks like so much fun! Man, I love Katie Peanut...I can such hear her when I see the pictures.

You look super sass! Are you wearing a tennis type skirt? Man, I wish we could do those kind of races together. Man next year when we might be as close as three hours!!!

Phil and Amanda said...

Sophie is soo cute!! I love the pictures of Katie pouting, I laughed out loud because I know exactly what that's like.