Sunday, September 27, 2009

School Carnival





Last weekend we went to the school carnival. It pretty fun, all things considered. I took those brownies (they are sooooo good, the ganache really makes them! To find the recipe go to the Bakarella blog that is linked on ours and search for "Thank you Betty". Super easy and soooo good). I volunteered in that needle in a haystack game for half and hour. Craig took the kids to ride rides. We got some chickfila there. I had pre-ordered our tickets and when they were gone we were done. Fairly painless overall. Every year they hold this Carnival to raise money for the landscaping (who ever heard of a school built WITHOUT grass put in??? WEIRD!) but landscaping never shows up. Craig has a theory that somebody is buying a different sort of "grass" with the money. The only hang up is that the lady in charge of this PTA sponsored school carnival is in the Stake YW and works pretty closely with Craig. Very unlikely that any sort of underhanded things are going on there.

5 comments:

Rachael said...

Fun with silly string! I don't think my kids have ever played with that stuff. I wonder if Carver would love it or hate it...

And yummy brownies... love the label. MMMM.... I think I need to bake brownies tonight!

yaya said...

Better to work the hay than be clean up committee...that has to be the messiest school event ever! (but it looks like tons of fun!)

Steve and Hailey said...

Those brownies look awesome. Steve is totally a brownie man. Did you make the little sticker? So cool! I remember the carnival last year. Remember how Jack ran away? Oh man, he was missing for less than 60 second, but it was so scary!

Shannon said...

Way to go, Amy. I went to Bakerella (I had never been to that site before) and now I'm drooling all over the place! Can't wait to try a bunch of her recipies and probably gain 20 lbs doing it!

Laney said...

love the label!!!