Thursday, February 3, 2011

Snow Days

Look! He did it(well, actually Craig pulled it out)! He lost his second tooth!Hurray!
What a big hole! I bet the teeth that come it are going to look gigantic!

Here's our snow from yesterday.



This is Sophie's sled. It's how she gets to the bus stop. Very handy.


Here's Taylor and Katie in their snowfort.





The top to our silly little lamp blew off. boo. I hope we find it when all the snow melts. We dug around the base and couldn't find it. I guess it's probably not as hard as trying to find a needle in a hay stack, but still....





Look, our front step is entirely gone!!






The snow goes as high as Craig's hand and the little thing at the bottom is a ruler (check it out! It's from when I was kid! "Dare".

On Tuesday a huge blizzard was forecast. We were all a little skeptical because they keep forecasting a foot of snow and we'll get 3". Well this time it panned out. We ended up getting TONS of snow! We had a snow day yesterday, of course, but I was really surprised that we had another snow day today. I guess some of the backroads have yet to be plowed at all. We have been plowed out in our neighborhood. Shoveling the drive yesterday (and shoveling off the deck) was quite a chore. Feet of snow, powdery in top and compact on the bottom. My shoulders, forearms and wrists are sore. Craig's are sore too. We shoveled almost all of it but were lucky enough to borrow our neighbors snowblower to tackle the bottom of the drive where the plow had piled up a huge, heavy mountain of snow. Our neighbors mailbox was completely lost in the snow. They dug it out, but it's encased in snow now. Needless to say we didn't get mail yesterday.





8 comments:

Stacy said...

We got more than just snow, we have layers of ice too. Kyle was out cracking the ice to get it off the sidewalk. He didn't get very far and gave up.

It looks like you had a gread day in the snow!

Rachael said...

Oh, that's crazy! But pulling out teeth is a great way to spend a snow day. :)

yaya said...

Dad and I decided we would have taken the snow..a good excuse to use the new snow blower. This ice is a hazard, a pain, and very hard to get rid of! I used to really love it when the kiddos were home from school on snow days. It was nice not to have to run them every where, pack lunches, and do homework! Looks like you guys had fun and enjoyed the day. Hopefully, not many more cold days left!

Christina said...

Wow! That is SO MUCH snow! I hope you find your lamp cover. Sad! I love how Sophie goes to the bus stop in a sled. She wouldn't have that opportunity if she lived here. Your house up there is beautiful. Miss you guys!

Christina said...

PS Taylor's teeth are so tiny! What a cutie!

HowellAZ said...

Wow! That really is a lot of snow you got there - I'm just glad I didn't have to take turns shoveling. :)
P.S. how did the m&m cookies turn out?

Steve and Hailey said...

I almost left your blog when I saw Taylor's missing tooth, but then realized that it's another tooth! Whoa! I look at those gaps and I can feel exactly how that feels....a deep hole and it gives me the shivers.

That's pretty nice that Sophie will sit in her sled...Griff is slowly warming up to the idea, but he's kind of a drag to take sledding. He talks about So-pha all the time!

We didn't lose any of our lights, but our recycling bin blew away and in return we got someone else's...now I don't know what to do!

Jason & Shannon said...

Oh my goodness, What is with all the snow!? We got a bunch too!