Monday, February 14, 2011

Serve these for dessert!




I made these Magic Cookie Bars a couple weekends ago. I wish the magic was related to weight loss but unfortunately I think the opposite is true. These bars magically disappear!!! They're addictive (like crack cocaine I would guess).


So if you want an new addiction or just something REALLY yummy here you go:




Magic Cookie Bars




1/2 c. unsalted butter


1/4 light brown sugar, packed


2 c. graham cracker crumbs


1 c. chocolate chips (I like the minis for this recipe)


1 c. butterscotch chips (you can use peanut butter chips or mint chips if you want)


1 c. shredded coconut


1 c. pecans coarsely chopped (you can use walnuts)


1 2/3 c. sweetened condensed milk




Preheat oven to 350. Place butter in 8" square pan; heat in oven until melted. Combine brown sugar and graham cracker crumbs in a bowl and sprinkle evenly over melted butter. In layers add chocolate chips, coconut, butterscotch chips, and pecans. Pour condensed milk over top. Bake 30 min. Allow to cool completely before slicing.

1 comment:

Donna said...

My gramma used to make these and we all got excited when she did...yours look super!!