Tuesday, February 22, 2011

The follow-up

Sophie is the paci queen. We had a snow day yesterday (and today) because of the horrific storm that came through on Sunday. Good news for me though, Craig's flight to the UK couldn't make it out so he has to go another time! Hurray!!! I really didn't think I'd make it through the week with all the horrible snow and too many snow days. I'm constantly daydreaming of warmer weather and escape from real life.
Look my daffodil is peeking it's head up! Actually since this picture was taken we got 9" of snow so it's buried under all that right now. Brrrrr.....

Look! My bulbs are coming up! These are those tiny little purple irises.
























Well, since our last post I got my haircut and highlighted and instead of chopping it I did some fun red highlights. I'm liking them more as they fade a bit. It's something I've always wanted to try but haven't done before. I don't like any sort of color that I have to maintain.







Also you can see the cookies we decorated. I love that I finally figured out a way to decorate them so they don't look super goofy. I think they look kind of like little conversation hearts. Also I tried out a new recipe for sugar cookies that Hailey gave me. They are amazing. I'll post the recipe if anybody wants it.







You can see from the crazy frosting on my nose pic that Craig and I got into a bit of a frosting war while decorating the cookies. He had a seashell shape on his cheek out of purple frosting. I included that pic though and the other I took of myself so you can see my new hair color.







6 comments:

Donna said...

Gee...dumb me...I didn't even see the icing till I looked again! Ha! The hair is super cute and Sophie makes me laugh! I had THE paci queen though...I have a pic of Chelsea with 4 in her mouth at once!!! Of course they were a little smaller....just sayin'.

Stacy said...

It always looks fun in your house, even on snow days. I'm just sitting with lesson plans and graded papers all around me today. Not so much fun, but needed to be done!

Kristen said...

Two pacifiers at the same time?! Now that is talent right there! What a silly girl! I love your new hair cut and highlights. I used to love doing fun colors all the time, red, pink, etc. Now I'm all about the low maintenance colors too! Guess that's what having kids does to you :)

Jason & Shannon said...

I love that first picture! It's hard enough just getting one to stay! I'm very impressed!!!! Your hair looks great! (Thanks for the comment. It would be nice to be closer)

yaya said...

Aren't you just the sassiest thing! Cute, cute hair Ames! Love Sophie and her pacies but she's so cute without them...and the cookies look great too. My bulbs are coming up too, but now are under 8in. of snow..blah!!! I want spring!!! P.S..glad Craigle stayed home in America!

Rachael said...

Oh, I love your hair! and Stacy is right - it is ALWAYS fun at your house! I'm thinking of you today because we got snow - a very small amount, but it's just the right week for it because we're out of school anyway.