Sunday, December 21, 2008

The Moment we've all been waiting for... Announcing Sophia May Starkey!!













Here are some pix of our last couple days. We were scheduled to be induced Dec 18th and I had started having some serious contractions that morning at 3:30am so we're happy to announce that by 3:03pm we had our little Sophia May. She weighed 7 lb 5 oz at birth and was 20 3/4 " long. Not bad considering she was 10 days ahead of the due date we had. She came out looking for her hand to suck on and she's done great nursing so far. Look at all that hair! So cool! Her eyes are dark blue right now, we'll see if that changes. Katie and Taylor are excited to have her here with us and Katie keeps saying "Baby Sophia is my favorite sister". I keep telling her "That's wonderful, because she's your only sister!". I'm happy to have the pregnancy and labor all over. I'm impatient to have recovery over with, but luckily with the holiday, Craig has some time off and my Mom and Dad are coming in tomorrow so it'll be a good time to take it slow for a couple weeks. You can see in the pix, the birthday party that we had for Sophia at the hospital and then her coming home and our new family pix. We'll have to get one all together!

13 comments:

yaya said...

You've continued the Craig and Amy tradition of the cutest darn babies in the world! She's a beauty and I agree, she looks like a Sophia, not a Jillian...Your Great Grandma Sophia Andrianakis is smiling from Heaven I'm sure! Congrats guys, wish I was there to hold her...Merry Christmas!

Anonymous said...

What a gorgeous baby. I am so happy for you guys. Such a nice Christmas gift you recieved.

Donna said...

I agree with Kathy, you make cute babies!!! She is your dark haired beauty!! What a great Christmas gift! Congratulations on baby Sophia!!!

Rachael said...

I love all the pictures! She's so beautiful. And I keep wondering how she compares to your other two as babies. I LOVE her big cheeks and her hair, oh - I'm just so glad she's here and that you're DONE! No more pregnancy!! HURRAY!

donna said...

Merry Christmas to Sophia and her mom and dad and katie and taylor! We can't wait to come see her in person. Let's hope the snow stops soon so the plane can leave tomorrow!

You do have pretty babies and the movie is so fun!

Donna said...

Watched the movie again... and she SMILED!! WOW! That's the earliest I've ever seen a baby smile!!! (it was NOT gas...) she's beautiful!

Jordan said...

Oh my gosh!! She is beautiful! What a sweet video too. Congrats you guys! I'm glad you settled on Sophia; it suits her already! Hope the mommy recovery is going well and glad you guys are all good. Love you guys!

rachel said...

Congrats Starkey fam! Sophia is absolutely beautiful! Merry Christmas!

Meredith said...

She is beautiful Ames, i am so excited for you and the whole family! Enjoy your parents and have a wonderful Christmas. What a great early Christmas present!

Jason & Shannon said...

She is sooo cute!!! Congratulations!!!

Midge said...

Congrats Amy and Craig..what a beautiful little girl. I love her name, always wanted a little Sophia...What a wonderful gift...enjoy and have a Merry Christmas, I know the new year will already be busy.... Midge

Steve and Hailey said...

Hey I miss you guys! Post more pictures! I keep checking the bloggy.

Phil and Amanda said...

Congrats guys! What a beauty!!! And I love the name. Can't wait to meet that baby! :-)