Monday, December 15, 2008

Happy NEW YEAR! KNEE-HOW!




Craig, Taylor and I went into Katie's classroom today to teach the kids about Chinese New Year. Well, Craig did the teaching, Taylor and I were his lovely assistants. After talking about China and Chinese(the are studying how children around the world celebrate the holidays), we made dragons to have a parade in the classroom! We ended by giving them red envelopes with money (fake money) in them and fortune cookies. I thought it was really cool!

5 comments:

yaya said...

What a good Dad...Looks (and sounds) like noisey fun! What a good idea and it's nice to see that 10yrs after the mission you still can speak a bit in Chinese!

Rachael said...

I've always wondered what dragons sounded like! Now I know! A lot like Grace going to sleep at night... like cats mewing loudly. :) What a fun activity!

Donna said...

What a neat activity...very imaginative for the kids! Craig looks like a natural teacher...someone to look UP to!!!

Steve and Hailey said...

I really like the sound effects! Whoa....Don't knock out the windows. Aren't kids fun? Don't feel bad about not knowing I was cutting bangs...I didn't know I was cutting that many either, but they turned out alright. Anyhow you're the one about to have a baby and I'm miles away!

I have the stomach flu (or something evil) so I am actually home sick today. I was sick all day yesterday too. Hopefully this fun is over before too long. The hard thing about being pregnant is that I'm actually hungry, but I have no appetite and anything I eat, well...you remember you just had it.

Love you!

Chris Howell said...

Too noisy for old folks!! Too many kids too for old folks! Just too much of everything!