Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Did you know that John the Baptist was a wise man?



This is our nativity scene. Last year one of the wisemen's head's fell off and I glued it back on. Well, I guess it fell off again when Craig set it up for me this year. Anyhow, I set it on his box of frankensense or Murr or gold and then it reminded me of all those statues and pix of John the baptist holding his own head. I guess since John the Baptist wasn't much older than Jesus himself, it's impossible that he was a wiseman. You'll all be relieved to know that I fixed his head (with super glue this year, not the hot glue gun, hopefully it'll hold better). On a similar note, we awoke this morning to, not my water breaking, but a huge crash of our enormous Christmas tree falling down! Craig goes "what was that???" I said, "probably the Christmas tree". We had been trying to get it straightened out before bed. He had said he hoped it didn't fall over and I really didn't think it would, but it did! Good thing we switched to plastic ornaments this year! We still lost some glass globes, but we awoke to a freshly vacuumed house.

8 comments:

Megan said...

It's still a pretty nativity set, that's on my wishlist. You didn't overstep BTW, It is important to us, and something we're actively moving towards, most definitely before kids. We're excited because there's a temple and institute classes in Oklahoma City.

Rachael said...

That's SO funny, Amy!! I love including John the Baptist in the nativity scene! He gets such a short part in the Christmas story, after all. :)

And I know ALL about trees falling down, on accident or otherwise. I think we're finally getting ours tonight. I wonder how many times it'll go down this year. Carver was afraid of it last year, I have very little hope that's the case this time around.

chelsea s said...

We're getting excited about the water breaking thing.....waiting for news......

chelsea s said...

Previous one from Donna not Chelsea(she's logged on..)...she's HOME!!

yaya said...

Hey, I thought we weren't suppose to get "tipsy"? I guess it's ok if it's the decorations that do! Funny post Ames!

Kent and Leisy said...

I think you should have kept the wiseman headless! kent's mom has the same nativity and that SAME wiseman went headless one year. Maybe it's a defect. and I can't believe that you will have another family member in the next few weeks. yikes!!!

Steve and Hailey said...

Okay I didn't understand Rachael's comment about John the Baptist. She's right, that is sooo funny. Why did you have to change it? Taylor may inform his Baptist friends about this deviation from their faith.

That really is a Christmas miracle that you had plastic ornaments and not glass. Hooray!

Jason & Shannon said...

Haha. That's so funny. Poor wise man!
I have that same nativity! I was just about to post about it, I just don't have the wise-men yet. Hopefully the head doesn't pop off when I get it!