Monday, May 10, 2010

There was a little girl...


There was a little girl,

And she had a little curl,

Right in the middle

Of her forhead;

When she was good

She was very very good,

But when she was bad

She was horrid.


Sophie is mostly very very good. But she now likes to climb things and get into everything and steal things from her brother and sister and then run away laughing like a little banshee. I know I don't want her to be a baby forever, but it's always sad to me to see their sweet nature be taken over by the kid side. She is leaving my side and going to her brother and sisters' side. boo.

8 comments:

Rachael said...

I totally get that! I see Grace's sweetness peeking out from time to time and remember when it outweighed the sassy "kid" part of her. It's the only real downfall to kids growing up, though. I love the funny things she says, the things she learns how to do.

Love that picture of Sophie - too perfect for the poem! :)

Donna said...

What a charming, cute personality Sophie has! You can tell she has a little pixie dust in her...she is just too cute!! That picture is darling...really I think by all outside appearances...she is your altar ego!

Josh n Betsie said...

my mom would say that poem to me. :0) Your kids are adorable.

yaya said...

My sweet Sophie an imp? Nah, I don't believe it..well, maybe just a little! Can't wait to see that cutie pie and her Sis and Bro!

Steve and Hailey said...

That seems perfect for mother's day! Maybe because I can hear mom saying that.

Christina said...

She is soo flippin adorable! I love that picture. Stella loves to climb on things, too. I wish they could be little monkeys together!

donna said...

But it doesn't end like that, don't you remember? It's "but when she was bad... she was a dickens of a girl!" My mom could never admit I was horrid. :)

Perfect picture and description of where she is today. Headed straight for the kid "dark side" :)

Shay said...

Amy, I sing this little song about my Lulu ALL OF THE TIME! And she actually does have the curl in the middle of her forehead, and she is mostly very very good, but on occasion, we see the "horid".