Friday, May 14, 2010

She really did it!

yeah, not Sophie's birthday but this pic was too cute to exclude! She sure loves dressing up and hamming it up!
Thanks Auntie Rachael and Uncle Derek! Fits like a GLOVE!

Sophie wanted to wear her bday dress for Katie's birthday and her cuppycake shoes. She really did pick out the dress on her own! Funny girl! Katie still mostly lets me dress her!



She wanted to make sure she wore ALL PINK for her birthday!



We made sure the Robin wasn't there and it wasn't "too loud". She wanted to be certain not to miss them singing to her and getting her ice cream.



Okay so I keep trying to upload the video I took WHILE Katie got her ears pierced but it won't load. I'll keep trying. Maybe I'll have Craig try. I think the computer hates me! She did really go through with it and she didn't cry and her new favorite hobby is cleaning off her earrings (I'm a big fan of that!). She picked the cutest little pink sparkly flower earrings and I made sure we did 14k gold so she wouldn't have the pain and suffering that I experinced first time around.





She had fun getting a new bike (although it certainly didn't feel like she was surprised about that AT ALL), going to Red Robin and getting her ears pierced. Today is the big "Pink Princess Party". She has 6 of her little friends coming over to play games, and have pizza and barbie cake and put on make-up and nail polish. Should be a great time!

7 comments:

Donna said...

That Sophie is so stinkin' cute!!! Congrats Katie...growing up so fast!!

yaya said...

Oh my gosh Katie you are soooo brave. I was 18 when I got my ears pierced and I cried like a baby and screamed...ok, just kidding, but I really was 18! You look beautiful and very pink! Sophie is just such a cute hambone. Happy Birthday Peanut and have fun at your girlie,girl party.(just like your Dad had when he was 8)..ok, just kidding again!

Steve and Hailey said...

Oh I loved seeing the video! katie you are so brave! I can't wait to see your earrings. You seem so grown up and so does Sophie! I LOVE Sophie's little dress! She looks so different to me and so so cute! Happy Birthday! I think I always wanted a birthday cake too and that is why I got one this year. I see one in your future!

Steve and Hailey said...

More pictures! Oh I know I'm being super ansy, but I really wanted to talk to you today and I thought of it when it was 10pm your time. Did you realize that we are still going to be in different time zones? Weird, huh? Steve is finding me the perfect mansion right now. Heheehee. Love you and love Mr. Coota! He's super swank!

Rachael said...

oh, that video is AWESOME!! I just showed the girls and Lydia says she's ready, but she looks a little nervous when she says it. :) Thanks for Katie's good example!!

I love that Katie wants to be all pink and that Sophie's picking out her own clothes. What fun girly girls they are.

Happy birthday to Katie - she is getting SO grown up, I can't believe it.

donna said...

Oh Katie you are SO brave! I didn't have my ears pierced until I was 19 or 20 and it nearly made me cry!

Hey, I just saw yaya's comment - we're nearly the same!

Well, happy birthday Katie! It looks like it was really fun! I also love the owl that's Mr. Coota.

I love the pink party. Your mom had one when she was 5 years old. It was great.

That little Sophie is a cute pink hambone for sure!

Phil and Amanda said...

Wow, Katie!! She's officially a little woman with her peirced ears! I didn't get mine pierced until 13,and I had a little earring mishap. Zoinks. She was so brave! GOOOO Katie!!! Looks like such a fun party! Sophie is sooo adorable!!

Missed you guys this weekend! Hope to see you soon!