Monday, May 17, 2010

The Pink Princess Party

Thanks to Auntie Hailey and Uncle Steve for the gift card to Build-a-Bear to get her cat "Coota" a husband!! Thanks to Yaya and Papa for the birthday money so that Coota's husband (known as "Gabe" or "Mr. Owl") got a tux to wear for the big day!
I told Katie I'd play the piano for the wedding! I think it's set to happen this Saturday! They make a cute couple, don't you think?

Look at T-money! Doesn't he look cool twirling his baton! This was not during the party, this was earlier in the day. You can see my awesome brand new Cuisineart ice cream maker I got at the neighborhood yard sale for $10!!!


Sophie found a little doll twinner of herself at one of the yard sales! Pretty cute!



Do you think that Barbie is scared of her flaming dress?? She probably should have been! The cake is half cake, half ice cream with a fudge oreo crumb layer between! It turned out a little goofy looking, but fun!




Pink Princess Katie holding court (opening presents). One of the only issues I have with birthday parties is relinquishing control of how many toys (and which ones) enter the house. I may be a control freak afterall. We ended up coming through pretty well though! She got some Polly Pockets, a little pet shop digipet thingy, a nonstop barking nintendog that is banned to her room or the basement, a cute little webkin and some colored pencils. Not too bad!






This is just about as girlie as it can get! We decorated tiaras, put on makeup, played a Princess and the Pea game, and a kiss the frog game. We made necklaces or bracelets, had pizza and cake. It was 2 hours of a little bit crazy, but just the stuff that an 8 yr old birthday party should be made of!













5 comments:

Donna said...

What a neat BD party...Katie looks so happy! Taylor is so funny in the shades. I had a BD cake like that when I was a kid...funny how things like that come back...

yaya said...

Fun Party Peanut! Wow, she has lots of friends for only living there a little while..I don't think I have that many friends and I've lived here for over 30yrs! (but then again, I never threw a princess party!)Ummm..is Taylor wearing lipstick???just asking! I love the tux on her new pal and I love Sophie's new doll, very funny!

HowellAZ said...

Super fun! Looks like the pink girly room I grew up in! :)
They definitely are having a blast!

Rachael said...

Donna took the words right out of my mouth - she does look just so happy! I love it. Those big smiles make all the crazies worth it. I LOVE that cake - how Barbie's arms are saying "ta-da!" Mr. Owl isn't quite what I expected for Coota, but they do make quite the dashing couple. :) Thanks for all the pictures! I love them all. You have such fun kids!

Phil and Amanda said...

That looks like such a fun party! I wish I could have come to make bracelets and put on put on make-up! Katie is just BEAMING! And the cake is adorable! I bought cupcakes for Alexis' birthday. Amy, you're SUPER MOM!