Sunday, February 22, 2009

Katie the biker chick


Well, she has finally had enough parental supervision to learn how to ride her bike on her own without training wheels! Hurray for Katie and hurray for us. She has been practicing (whenever Craig was available as my arms weren't long enough when I was prego and I didn't run fast enough then either)since last summer to ride her bike without training wheels. She's addicted to biking now. I hear it all day long and all night. "Can I got out and ride my bike now?". I'm excited for her, don't get me wrong. I'm just not excited to bundle everybody up and go out and stand on the driveway in 40 degree weather and watch her ride and tell her to get out of the street when a car is coming. Everyday after school (except when it's raining) she gets to ride and then again before dinner usually and sometimes while I'm making dinner if Craiggle is home early enough. I really miss our "old Kentucky home" now. Such a nice big, flat driveway, spacious garage and plenty of sidewalks. Also a nice no-traffic culdesac and a huge back patio. Oh well, this probably won't be our last house.

8 comments:

Donna said...

What a cute picture of the girls...Katie always has SUCH expession in her face...on this Oscar night one thinks she may grow up to be an actress!!!!

Donna said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Donna said...

Sorry I removed the comment...it repeated twice!

Rachael said...

When Lydia learned how to ride alone last year, I really felt apron strings stretching and breaking as she rode away. It was surprising how weird it felt to have her capable of going further from home on her own. Does that make sense? And sure enough, she's got stitches to show for that independence. :)

I totally agree about being outside watching them ride, though. Not my favorite activity. Ellie is SO close, she just needs to believe in herself a little more. Thank goodness I'm not pregnant or with a tiny baby. I'm doing a lot of running along side her! Does that count as my exercise?

rachel said...

Way to go Katie! She is such a big girl!!! And she looks so cute with her little sis!

Chris Howell said...

Send her to spend summers with gramps in Spo-Cane and we'll ride every morning and every night, well almost every night. Is she interested in doing Italy on bikes?

Steve and Hailey said...

Way to go Katie! Will you come help Jack learn to...go potty and stay in his new big boy bed? He is doing grown up things too.

yaya said...

That a girl Katie! For a minute I thought Katie was holding a baby doll. I'm such a dope, I forgot about Sophia! She's really getting big too! Hmmm, should I start looking for a nice flat driveway, quiet street, big patio in Cin. Ohio?