Monday, February 2, 2009

Sophie's Blessing







This weekend we had Sophie's blessing. We were lucky enough to have Craig's parents come down for a quick visit in honor of the event. We also were blessed with some beautiful weather. Craig did a great job blessing her (like he did with the others) and I actually got to hear the blessing this time (some kid was throwing a fit during Taylor's blessing and their mom wouldn't take them out, not that I'm holding a grudge about it). Our adopted family, Casey and Christina Eichhorn were able to be there for the blessing too and that was wonderful. You can see our new family picture at that top of the blog. Also the cute picture of Sophie with her Ya-ya and Papa. Lastly are the pix of her in her blessing dress. Craig didn't like the hat, he said it made her look Amish. I said that I didn't think so, until she pulled the cross-eyed look, then she heard me and pulled the pouty look at the end! She's starting to smile and it's so rewarding to get some feedback! She really is so sweet. I'm amazed that I'm really enjoying the newborn stage this time(maybe because I'm counting on it to be the last time). I kinda went overboard taking pix of her in her blessing dress, but I regret not taking more of the other 2. I guess 3rd time around I'm just trying to do everything right. Think it'll happen?

12 comments:

Christina said...

I love the pictures! Sophia looked so perfect! It was such a beautiful day! Thanks for letting us be part of it!!

Dave and Michelle Howell said...

Wish we could've been there to help celebrate. What's Katie thinking in the family pic?? It's fun seeing all your pictures - you're doing a great job keeping us updated.

rachel said...

Aww! Amy, Sophie is SO beautiful, as is the rest of your family! I am so happy for you! Lots of love!

donna said...

Sure it will happen! I think the third time's a charm!

I love the pictures. I wish I could have been there too, but I'm glad Ya-ya and Papa were. There was a baby blessed last Sunday in our ward too, so I just pretended. :)

Nick said...

WOW.. how your family is growing. We hate that you guys are so far away. Wish we could have been there for sure. Keep in touch strangers.. Nick

Laney said...

even better than your pics of sophie, is katie's face in your family picture.

yaya said...

We really had a blast and I'm so happy we could be there. Sophia is a doll baby and sooo good! You're such good parents too. Love ya!

Donna said...

Wonderful pictures, Sophia is a cutie and her dress is just beautiful!! The big blog pic at the top is such a neat family picture...that Katie is a HOOT!! Picture of her at the zoo on YAYA's blog is funny too!!! Loved the Christmas card with her tongue out!!!!!

Rachael said...

Hilarious about the hat - she doesn't look Amish to me! Beautiful dress. She is such a gorgeous baby. I can't wait to meet her! I'm glad that the blessing day went well. Katie never fails to make me smile. She looks exactly how Derek feels in family pictures!

And if #3 is supposed to be the winner, I'm really out of luck! I'm hoping we all survive the raising of our kids. Getting things right would be a nice perk lately! :)

I have much more faith in you, though!

Kent and Leisy said...

my thoughts are laney's exactly!

Josh n Betsie said...

You have such ADORABLE kids.

Jordan said...

So beautiful! And I like the hat, boo to Craiggle :)