Monday, February 9, 2009

Sophie's new tricks and the average weekend








Sophie is learning some new tricks as you can see from her pics. She is learning how to suck her thumb(a very important skill in our household, the art of self-soothing)and she took a bottle last Friday for the first time. She took it like a champ! Katie gave it to her on the way to school and then Taylor finished when we got home. Hurray for Sophie (and hurray for me!). Next you can see Katie all dressed up like Hannah Montana. She put on a concert for me Friday afternoon! She's got some great moves and a wonderful sense of style that she may have inherited from her Auntie Hailey! We had the most wonderful weather this weekend and took advantage of the warmer temps(65 on sat and 75 on sun)by staying outside as much as possible. It was so fantastic to have the windows open! How lucky are we to get weather like that and all before Valentine's Day?

6 comments:

rachel said...

Isn't it awesome to have a baby that is a thumbsucker??? Port came out sucking his thumb, and is has been wonderful- he sleeps through the night no problem as he is able to self soothe! Hooray for Sophie!

yaya said...

I love Katie's style! I noticed that she's a good "poser" when it comes to taking pics so maybe there's a career in fashion someday...Sophia already looks older since last weekend, sob,sob!I miss you guys. Our weather wasn't too bad either and tomorrow is suppose to be about 60. We won't talk about the weather on the way at the end of the week though.

Donna said...

Gee, Katie's pink glasses reminds me of my childhood!!! Cute!

Sophie looks darling!

donna said...

I know it's not nice to say hate. And we did have sun this weekend. A little. Here and there. And I think we got to 35 degrees. But I'm not bitter. Nope. Not at all.

Now maybe if I had great pink sunglasses... Or maybe I should just take up thumbsucking again. This winter has made me wonder why people stop! :)

You guys are the luckiest!

Rachael said...

go Katie go!! What a cutie. and Sophie, too - she's keeping all the rules and she's beautiful, too. She's a keeper! I'm horribly, terribly jealous of your weather. Brrr... my fingers are freezing. It's snowing again here. Curses.

Steve and Hailey said...

I love the new pictures! I definitely see the connection between Katie and I. :) You got your Jack Purcells!!!! Very nice. I wish mine were still..um...white.