Friday, February 20, 2009

Spring came and went already!




Well last week you can see from the pix and the video that we had really nice weather! My daffodils and grape hyacinths came up. I really can't believe how early it was to have them blooming, but we had a number of days in the 60's. It felt heavenly to be so mild. We haven't seen any snow yet this year. I wonder if that's normal for Greenville...? We have since gotten cooler and the humidity makes even 40's with a breeze feel really cold! Maybe my blood has just gotten thinner or maybe I just don't wear warm clothes like I used to. Anyhow, here are some pix to enjoy! Katie's addicted to riding her bike now that she's learned how to ride without training wheels. It was great last week when it was warm. Not so great now that it's cold and windy. Atleast our Girl Scout cookies showed up last night so it was a good excuse to come in from the cold!

4 comments:

yaya said...

The top pic is so cute..her expressions really kill me! I also love her pink boots. Sorry it's cold again...(that's sarcasm by the way)it's like 15de.and windy as heck here!!And we're suppose to get 3-5in. of snow tomorrow. Oh well, spring will come someday...i hope

Donna said...

Yea,....it's dang cold here!!! Yuck! Lucky you...
The girls are sure cute!!!!!

Chris Howell said...

Amy, how does Katie avoid falling over, standing like that? She is an amazing girl. I'd LOVE to go bike riding with her today. I plan to ride my bike but it will be on ice and snow at least if we go anywhere but a major arterial or highway.
Love ya loads. Thanks for the hope of spring.

Old Folks at Home

donna said...

I think we'll get a balmy 35 today, but dad did chip some of the ice off the driveway to help me feel like things are getting better. It's nice to know it's warm somewhere.

Oh, tell Katie Grandpa thinks those are fairy boots!