Monday, November 24, 2008

Gobble gobble gobble!






Taylor seemed to be doing better yesterday so we may be out of the woods (we've thought this a number of times in the past couple weeks, so I'm not going to count on it). Yesterday we made this cute little turkey cookies for Katie's class. I got the idea from Family Fun mag. Pretty cool follow up to last years' pilgrim hats, huh? Taylor and I will deliver them today at lunch. Katie got her haircut this weekend. Cute, huh? I love that she went short again. She also found that funny wrist band that I bought for when I mow the lawn(and sweat all over myself, in the summer time)anyhow, she thinks it's a bracelet and even wore it to church yesterday! AWESOME!! She thinks the check on it(the nike emblem) is like the checks her teacher puts on her papers at school when she does the paper correctly(don't ask why her teacher checks things done right). We may decide to keep the kids afterall.

7 comments:

yaya said...

Katie, you look beautiful with your new haircut! Thanks for the letters that I got today, and yes I do miss you soooo much! Ames, the cookies are just stinkin' cute... I bet the class loved them. We'll miss you this Turkey day but I know you'll have fun with Casey and Christina.

Rachael said...

her short hair cut is SOOO cute and it makes her a mini Amy even more. your turkeys are, of course, adorable. And I bet they are just as tasty. I think I need some Oreos...

Steve and Hailey said...

The haircut is so perfect. I love the description of the "bracelet." It's so funny to hear what kids are thinking and apparently Katie did communicate that much to you!

I'm so disgusted that you made all those darling turkeys and you're days from delivering. Sit down for goodness sake! :)

Sorry about the crazy phone call today. We had just come from a long doctor apt. and Jack was all done.

donna said...

I love your hair Katie! And I got letters from you today too! Grandpa and I read them at dinner and loved how well you and Taylor draw. Thanks for writing me!

Ames, those cookies are fabulous! I may need to make them for my little friends at work. Did you get them out of this year's Family Fun magazine? They are way cute. And Hailey has a point - why aren't you sitting down! Do you ever sit? :)

Donna said...

I, too, think the haircut makes Katie look so much like Amy....adorable!!! AND so are the cookies...too cute!!

Kent and Leisy said...

when I first got onto the blog I thought she was amy! I love the cut! I can't believe that you are having a baby soon. I really wish that you guys were in ohio this year again- that was the greatest thanksgiving ever.

Steve and Hailey said...

Thanks for calling yesterday! It was fun to chat and then mom called! Love you.