Monday, November 17, 2008

Fariy Tales can come true...it can happen to you!








Well, it was a crazy week leading up to Craig's reward night at the Biltmore House. Taylor was fighting off the never-ending virus and we had stuff every night and nothing was going the way we'd hoped it would go. Luckily, we did make it Friday to the Biltmore. It was so beautiful! Our room was super nice and the view from our window was awesome. Dinner was wonderful, but I think we liked breakfast the next day better. It was so cool to get away for an overnight. The drive up was gorgeous. All the fall leaves had changed and driving through the mountains and the fog and little bit of rain made the leaves really stand out, and made the Inn feel really cozy! I still can't believe we got to go! Friday night we got up to the Inn at about 4:30 and checked in and had dinner at 5:45. Then we took the shuttle to the Biltmore house and just looked around the shops. We took the shuttle back to the Inn and got some hot cocoa. Saturday morning we loved the breakfast, then we went over the Biltmore house for our tour. The tour was really interesting and it was fun to see more of the grounds. After our tour we grabbed a wrap and some croissants to take home with us, then we hiked around and took pictures of the house. It was the most perfect fall day. Cool, sunny and windy. We got home just in time for Craig to change clothes and make it to the Priesthood session of Stake conference and I went up afterwards to trade kids and stay for the Saturday session. Sunday morning I was sick in bed. Thanks Taylor for sharing. So far this year, my flu shot has really helped, this is the second time this month I've had the flu! Luckily, I'm on the mend today. Pregnant women, shouldn't have to get sick. It's like having the flu and getting kicked in the stomach the whole time. Well, we're back to real life here, but I still feel like Cinderella!

7 comments:

yaya said...

What a great weekend! I'm glad you got a "getaway" before the babe gets here. Hope you're feeling better soon Ames...Craig, I guess that means you're next...

chelsea s said...

We've always wanted to go there! It looks just like I pictured it...beautiful!! Congratulations on the trip! The view is just breathless!

Donna said...

hahaha!! That surprised me when Chelsea's name popped up! She was using the computer before me...Donna

Phil and Amanda said...

So beautiful there! We especially liked how Craig "squished" it. :-)

Hope you're feeling better! (As if being preggo wasn't hard enough, right!?)

Laney said...

i don't really believe in the flu shot. they never seem to work. they told me to get one when I was pregnant, and I said no way Jose! I really don't like getting shots. I think it may have something to do with the russian hospital, my appendectomy, and 35 shots in one week!!!

donna said...

I'm so glad you got to go. It sounds just perfect (well, except for the Taylor sharing part). Are you all getting sick now so you don't have to do it when the baby comes?

I hope so!

Robert Jaynes said...

I LOVE the Biltmore Estate. Laura and Annie and I went there 4 years ago when we were living in Atlanta. How cool that you got to stay there!