Wednesday, April 30, 2008

8 years ago....(from yesterday)



THEN

AND NOW
1. What is your husbands name?
Craig Adam Starkey (aka: puddin’ head, bagel, egg, cr-egg, waggers, craiggle).


2. How long have you been married?
8 years yesterday

3. How long did you date?
We met January ’99, we started dating in April of ’99, we got engaged New year’s eve of ’99 and got married April 29th 2000.

4. How old is he?
30 years old! My sugar daddy!

5. Who eats more sweets?
He used to, but now it just depends.

6. Who said I love you first?
He did. I knew I loved him, but I didn’t know I was IN love with him until I was in Mexico and I still really, really missed him.

7. Who is taller?
I’m not quite sure.

8. Who can sing better?
Craig. He so melodious (not malodorous).

9. Who is smarter?
Craig, he knows everything.

10. Who does the laundry?
Usually I do, but he helps when I get behind.

11. Who pays the bills?
Depends on the bill. Most of them get paid online but I mail off a couple.

12. Who sleeps on the right side?
Usually Craig. I sleep closest to the bathroom and he sleeps on the side with the night stand and alarm clock.

13. Who mows the lawn?
Depends on the week. So far we’re even here.

14. Who cooks dinner?
I do, unless we go out, and then Craig “makes” dinner!

15. Who drives?
Craig does if we’re together.

16. Who kissed who first?
I guess Craig kissed me first. Well, technically he said “ have you ever kissed anybody with an ice cube in your mouth?” and I said “no” and he said something like “ I bet you won’t try it”. Anyhow, he seemed so straight-laced and super nice guy that I figured he’d never kiss me, but he did. And it was an awesome kiss! I was hooked!

17. Who asked who out first?
Craig asked me to a hockey game, but I couldn't go, then he asked me to a piano recital. We went to the recital but then when we came back to his place we watched all 3 Poltergeist movies. I’d never seen them before, he had them memorized! It was the beginning of a beautiful relationship!

18. Who proposed?
Craig did, FINALLY! When I came out to visit him and his family at Christmas time. My dad and Derek told me he wasn’t going to.

19. Who has more siblings?
Craig does; 3 brothers

20. Who wears the pants?
We trade them (they must be like the jeans from the traveling pants books and be magic to fit us both). We usually make mutual decisions.

6 comments:

Donna said...

Soooo sweet!!! HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!!! the other Starkeys :):)

Rachael said...

Great post! I love the pictures! I miss those Utah days (in a weird, glad I'm not there anymore way)!

Jordan said...

How ironic, I was cleaning yesterday and found all my pix from your wedding. Weird! Anyway, congrats on 8 years, here's to 8 more ;)

donna said...

Happy Anniversary! Happy Anniversary! Happy Anniversary! Happy Anniversary!

Love it! Especially that top picture! What a love story you two have!
Love you all!
mom howell :)

Steve and Hailey said...

Amy you are so beautiful! I love both pictures. Your hair looks great in the bottom picture. I guess you and Craig got past that seven year thing with flying colors!

yaya said...

Just got back from a wedding and how sweet to see the top pic of you two! What a great couple. We are so blessed to have a wonderful son with awesome taste in women. So like his father. We love you Ames. Thanks for the beautiful babies too! Bytheway, great kissers must run in the family.