Friday, April 23, 2010

I kinda already hate fishing.











There are ponds in our new neighborhood. They are mostly man made ponds to entertain the people. They skate on them in the winter and they have little boats and go fishing on them in the summer. Anyhow, Taylor has been obsessed with going fishing (is it really that exciting??) since the ice melted. Thankfully Ya ya and Paw Paw got him a fishing pole. We were going to go while we were there for Easter, but he got sick so we didn't. Then for whatever reason I was responsible to get the hooks (probably because I do all the shopping for the household). I had no idea (still don't) what to get. I got some little hooks. They have ALOT of fishing stuff at Meijers (the grocery store). I didn't know to get weights or bobs or loop-loops or nee-naws or mopalopsas or whatever else you're supposed to get.




Our first fishing experience was with the little hooks I bought and then we used gummy bears (just the heads). Needless to say, we didn't catch anything. Although it's a miracle that Taylor didn't hook either one of his sisters or me, so it wasn't a failure in my mind. Let's hope for more fruitful trips in the future (maybe under the guidance of Uncle Steve ). Sophie liked munching on the left over gummy bears though!

8 comments:

Kent and Leisy said...

amy- ALL that zeb wants for his birthday coming up is a "fishing rod"! perhaps we'll be making a trip up there to fish with taylor!!

Donna said...

Gee, don't tell Larry that you hate fishing!!! One of his fondest memories is of going out to Yoder's pond with Driana and Summer...then about 6 & 4 and helping them fish. They were so eager and funny...one of them hooked him!!
Boys and their toys...have fun watching him!!!

yaya said...

Now Ames, PawPaw would be so proud of you and Taylor! He'll fish with him I'm sure. I was laughing to myself at the vision of fish with gummy bears stuck to the roof of their mouth! Very funny!

yaya said...

P.S...I just noticed that Katie's pole matches her outfit!

Chris Howell said...

Don't look to me for help....I've seen people catch them....I spent two days in AK trying and just got wet and cold...maybe try the bible...I remember there were some pretty good fishermen mentioned there but even they gave it up to be fishers of men.

donna said...

Why, oh why just the heads of the gummy bears? I'm still traumatized by the Ken head pencil topper!

And how could you not know to get mopalopsas'? (What is a mopalopsas by the way?) :)

I agree with you, you are VERY lucky someone didn't get you or someone else with the hook. That right there is evidence of a 'tender mercy' in your life! :)

Laney said...

gummy bears? Are you really supposed to use gummy bears as bait?

LauraJ said...

I love it! Peter also got a fishing rod for his birthday, but we tied the rubber fish on the end of it and he sits and casts off of the top of the stairs/balcony. The funniest part - he doesn't want to put it in the water! He wants to keep it for inside use :) I wonder how long that will last?