Sunday, October 12, 2008

Grandfather Mountain and Chimney Rock















Here are some of our pix from our trip up to Grandfather Mountain (NC) and Chimney Rock (NC). We had such a great time. It would have been alot more fun if I WASN'T pregnant, but it was still really cool and I'm so glad that Steve suggested Grandfather Mountain. The weather was gorgeous. I was certainly a little too warm by the time we got to the top, but it wasn't sweltering. The colors were just beginning to change and the view was spectacular. We would have liked to have driven more of the Blue Ridge Parkway but with a car full of kiddos, we felt the need to make it a more direct route home. Thanks to Craig for driving all the tiny, curvy roads that made even him carsick. Thanks to the people at Goodyear for replacing our brakes before we left, we really tried them out on this trip! Thanks to Steve and Hailey for handing back all the snacks and switching over the movies. The cabin was so fun and had Craig I wising we were close enough so that we could all go in (in our dreams)on a family cabin on a lake with a hot tub and kayaks and canoes and rocks to throw in the water all day and a fireplace and a nanny to put the kids to bed (I did say in our dreams). To quote a great soundtrack (of a movie filmed in NC)"I... had....the time of my Liiiiiife!". Hee hee!

6 comments:

yaya said...

Those pics are awesome! The kiddos looks great and it was fun to see Hailey and Jack. He's a cutie. Glad you had such fun. I have the same dream of a family fun time together and I'll play Nannie YaYa and you guys can play all day. We'll just keep thinking it all over and it can happen!

donna said...

Okay, some day Taylor is going to see the Devil's Head picture and figure out what his loving parents were up to!

I love the coonskin cap on Craig. I hope you let him get it!

Can we come next time?

Rachael said...

All your pictures look like so much fun! I have to admit, I kept checking your blog - hoping to see/hear about the Leavitt's trip out there. Cute, cute cousins! I love your birthday party pics - great hat and decorations!

Kent and Leisy said...

how fun!!!! and you look great amy! The places you guys went are beautiful and look like a blast. I am jealous jealous jealous.

Kent and Leisy said...

is taylor picking the bear's nose on purpose? You guys take the best pictures.

Laney said...

i hope that some day my kids can be as cool and weird as your kids. I am with leisy- love the nose picking picture.