Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Apple Festival and parade!







For Labor Day we went up to Hendersonville, NC with Casey and Christina Eichorn (fellow Buckeyes)to the Apple Festival and parade! It was really fun. We got there around 12:30 and got some great "fair food". The best find of the day was the apple beinets. YUM YUM YUMMY YUM! Like indian fry bread, but with apples inside and covered in powered sugar! We came home with apple butter and fresh apples to make apple pie and apple crisp and apple muffins. I need to learn how to can so I can make and can mom's apple sauce! The parade was fun and before the parade we ran into the "burger king" handing out coupons! wow, huh? I wonder how long it takes his beard to not be hot pink anymore! The man with the 'stache' was near us while we were watching the parade. I think he was local, what do you think? Loved the dancing cop video! Good times were had by all (even though Taylor cried way too much! We almost sold him so we could buy more fair food). Our new stroller was a hit too! It's a Joovy caboose with a place for a kid to sit or stand on the back! Oh, I attached a picture of me in all my prego glory, just for you megan!

5 comments:

Donna said...

Amy, you are cute, cute, cute pregnant!!! That giggle is cute too!!

yaya said...

Ames, you look adorable as always! Just a note however...apple festival?? All I see is corn on the cob. Please tell me the things you bought to make pie are round and red OK?

donna said...

Good point! You know the yellow stuff that matches your shirt ISN'T an apple, right? :)

I've really got to live closer to you guys. We never do fair food (and probably wouldn't even if we did have a kid to sell). We didn't even do Pig Out this year and we had to walk through it to get to and from the car.

You guys really know how to live!

Steve and Hailey said...

Oh my goodness, are you ever going to look pregnant? It's probably a good thing we aren't pregnant at the same time.

The corn looks delicious, but I wonder if it could rival Adele's sweet corn (it's kind of mottled looking white to yellow kernals).

Yesterday welcomed fall to Utah and it was a happy sad feeling.

Rachael said...

you guys seriously have all the fun!! Or maybe you ARE all the fun. I'm thinking that's more the truth! We're going to have move next door so we can have fun, too!

You look way too good to be so pregnant, Amy! Love the shirt and capris. And, as usual, I wish I could still wear capris...

Yummy corn pics, yummy apple treats... even more reasons for us to move to SC and make Derek take another bar exam. You're tons of fun AND have fabulous food!