Monday, June 2, 2008

Lake ALURE!! (okay, really Lake Lure)








Here's some pix from our visit this week with Ya ya and Paw Paw. We went to Lake Lure up in NC on Thurs. It was so beautiful. It's one of the locations where they shot "Dirty Dancing" and other movies like "Firestarter" and "Last of the Mohicans". The first pic is Katie and Ya ya being jacket Twinners! We took a fun boat tour of the lake. The second pic is the house I picked! Nice, huh? you should come visit sometime! The third is some turtles we saw. The fourth is one of the fabulous views! Gorgeous! The last pic is of the bay where they shot some scenes from "dirty Dancing". It was late oct when they shot so it must have been freezing when they shot the water scenes and they paid locals to spray paint hte leaves green!

5 comments:

donna said...

It looks like so much fun! I think they should change the name to Lake Alure!

Hey, I'm really surprised I'm the first to comment! Must be because 'YaYa' is still traveling.

Amy and Craig said...

She doesn't have to read it ma, she LIVED it! :>

yaya said...

Now I feel guilty! I did live it and it was great. I miss you guys already! I sure could be happy living on a lake.

Rachael said...

fun times! I love the water! What a beautiful lake. Can't wait to play on the BEACH in a few weeks. HURRAY!!!!!

Donna said...

Yaya and Katie look adorable in pink..."girlie-girls!" Background isn't bad, too!!