Monday, May 9, 2011

Ahhhhhh.... Spring!(FIN-FREAKIN'-LY!)

After our lunch on Sunday we went over to Roselle Park and walked to the river and threw our old Easter eggs in (the hard boiled ones). I can't eat that much egg salad, and I REALLY love throwing food!! I love to watch the eggs explode against the trees. Also I have a friend who is and environmental Biologist and she said the birds eat the egg shells right now to replenish whatever it takes to make egg shell (protein, calcium??)since it's nesting season. It was so fun. We were all sad when the eggs had all been thrown in the river. Don't worry, we didn't leave a mess, we made sure that the park didn't look like it'd been egged (even though it had!).


Here's what our garden looked like yesterday. I planted 12 daylillies in amongst the tulips today. I'm so thrilled the tulips are blooming. The rabbits kept eating them so I was afraid I wouldn't get any this year!!



She didn't complain of the cold, but the wind was brutal!


Cool red lighthouse, huh? (I don't know what Taylor is doing, maybe swimming in the sand since I wouldn't let him swim in the water?).


Brrrrr....that's ICE WATER!


We found a patch of tulips, but this other family had the same idea. (Taylor is so cooperative right now.)



These are the High schoolers.



These are the Kinder Dancers. Taylor says they're in Kindergarten, but they're not, they're in probably 4th or 5th grade.




We had the most wonderful Mother's day weekend! The weather has finally gotten nice and I'm so thrilled! I feel like I have a whole new lease on life! On Saturday we went to a baptism at the church and then had a picnic lunch in the car and then headed to the Annual Tulip Festival in Holland. It was fun to get out and enjoy the sunshine and the tulips (it'll be better this weekend, it's been too cold so there weren't a ton open yet). We got to walk around the square in Holland and watch the dancers and eat Kettle corn and look at the art and funny things that people come up with to make and sell. Then we went to the beach. We checked out Holland State Park. A year ago was our first trip to the shore of Lake Michigan (well, this side of it, we had been in Chicago years ago). It was cold that weekend too. We had enjoyed great sunshine this year, but once we got to the beach it clouded over and the wind was frigid. Even Katie said she was cold! Craig forgot to bring a coat! We didn't hang out too long. I knew it would be early, but I'm READY for some sunshine and some great trips to the beach. It's amazing here in MI. Probably my favorite thing about living up here is the beaches along Lake Michigan.









After we left the beach we went and got pizza and stopped by the grocery store to pick up some steaks to BBQ on Mother's day. YUM! We had the best lunch on Mother's day. Steak, brussel Sprouts, sweet potato fries, and chocolate cream pie. Really fabulous! (I also got waffels with strawberries and cool whip for breakfast!).

3 comments:

yaya said...

Now that sounds like fun..especially the egg throwing...almost as much fun as pumpkin shooting! I'm so glad it's finally warming up and we had sunshine too, so all's good. I can't wait to see everyone this weekend!

Rachael said...

talk about a perfect weekend!! How fun!

Steve and Hailey said...

The funny thing is that I just saw the picture at Roselle Park and wondered how you got those pictures at our park. :) Oh yeah, that's in your neck of the woods. The beach looks fun even though I believe that it really was frigid.