Thursday, May 19, 2011

Katie's Birthday

It was a great visit! Sorry the weather was so wet, gray and rainy!

Thanks for coming up to visit us Grandma and Aunt Midge!

Great pic on the dress Yaya! It's so cute on her!

This is the pic after they finished bedazzling everything! (it was fun, but I can't even fathom doing a sleepover EVER!!!).

What a fun group of party girls, huh? They were so funny! What a change from the 6yr old boy party last month!

Sophie got her 1st hair cut last Thursday also! They just evened it up some! Such a little monkey! Good thing she's cute, because she's getting molars right now and always wants to be held, super whiny girl.

Check out the sweet owl cake I made out of cupcakes for Katie's party, the owlet wasn't as cute as I'd hoped so I only made one!


Check it out! My ring looked just like Princess Di's after decorating the cupcakes! Hahaha! I'd much rather have a diamond than a saffire though, so I washed it off!

Good job on the pet bunny for Julie the American Doll Mom! She loves it! You really are a fairy Godmother!(but not the Granny one on Disney's Cinderella)!

Katie loves these little lemon cakes that they sell at costco. It saved me from having to make her a birthday cake 2 days in a row, so I was a fan also!

The Thornapple! It magically shows up in your yard for 24hrs and then you send it off to somebody else. Pretty cute school fundraiser. Much better than selling whatever door to door (especially when the whole neighborhood goes to our elementary school).




Katie's birthday was a week ago. I really can't believe that she's 9! It seems like we JUST had her baptism! She woke up to 9 little lavender pancakes with a candle (we aren't gonna be able to carry that tradition much longer!). Then we had our family party that night she wanted waffels and bacon for dinner and lemon cakes for her cake. It was fun we got the Thornapple on her birthday, it's a school fundraiser where the apple comes and you have to pay to have it leave or you can pay to send it to somebody in particular (fun, huh? I only wish I knew exactly what we were raising the money for so I didn't feel so robbed).


We had a rockstar birthday party for Katie on Friday from 6-8pm. It was so fun to have her little friends come over and bedazzle play microphones, flip-flops and sunglasses, then we had Dance Party USA in the basement and also watched party of "Tangled".


About 10 minutes after the birthday party, Yaya and Papa came into town for a weekend visit. It was so fun to get to see them! Saturday morning Grandma Arends and Aunt Midge came for a visit also. We grilled some hamburgers and brats and had potato salad and watermelon, also lime chips and salsa. YUM! Too bad we were all out of nice weather by then!

5 comments:

yaya said...

It was a great weekend getaway Ames! My Mom and Midge really enjoyed it and seeing your home and Ada village. I did laugh at the party pic with all the girls and Taylor..I'm sure in a few years he won't want to be at any girlie function! Sophie's hair is so cute and so was she, even with her poor sore molars!

Rachael said...

Talk about a great party weekend! Sounds fabulous. Happy birthday to Katie! She looks so grown up. Wow - 9 years old. I just came across some of her baby pics that you sent us. Weird to see that the pictures seemed kinda dated!!

donna said...

Happy Birthday to Katie too! I wished I could have seen all the bedazzled stuff more closely. What a great idea for the party!

She is looking so tall and not little kid at all!

HowellAZ said...

Happy Birthday Katie! Sounds like it was a fabulous celebration and the owl cake turned out awesome - very creative.

Jason & Shannon said...

How fun! She is growing up so fast! Happy late birthday Katie!