Sunday, April 3, 2011

April Fools

Sophie found this sz 6 month snowsuit I had failed to sale at the recent consignment sale and decided to wear it today. Pretty fitting if you check out the pic below of the beautiful weather we're having this Spring.
Nice.
C is for Cookie, that's good enough for me!
Katie was breaking apart her samoas and when I went over to see what she was doing she had made this face!! Funny girl!!
I went out to run errands in between sessions on Saturday and when I got back this is what I saw! Everybody was sitting in our 1 chair watching conference together!! HAHAHA! I'm glad I wasn't on the bottom!
The playset looks so much better since the kids and I spread the new mulch (it had gotten really muddy).
Here's the huge pile of mulch we had delivered on Thursday morning (check out my new "Swagger Wagon" too!!! We are actually going to call it "The Starkey Shark").
Last Thursday marked the beginning of our Spring Break. It was been a little anticlimatic so far, but we have lots to look forward to (a trip to Chicago starting next week). So far we got to spread lots of mulch on Thursday (it's so nice to have it done), and then we ate Girl Scout cookies on Friday and since it was April Fools Day I came up with a fabulous prank! I told everybody that I had ordered pizza and then I got hamburgers and french fries and shoved them into the leftover pizza boxes from Taylor's birthday party. When everybody was gathered around the table, Katie asked "What kind of pizza did you order?" and I said "Let's look and see!". Then when we opened the boxes there were hamburgers and I yelled "APRIL FOOLS!!!!" . I loved it! So did the kids. What a great surprise and it didn't mess anything up or hurt anybody's feelings! Anyhow, we have been stuck in the house with little sniffles (me and Taylor) and fevers (Sophie)all week and so it was fun to try to liven it up around here!

Yesterday we mostly stuck around and watched conference and today too. Check out the awesome weather. It even snowed today. All of the long time Michigan residents have fled for Flordia to get a dose of warm weather. I object to living here because I refuse to choose between budgeting for a Spring Break trip or seeing my family in WA once a year.

7 comments:

Stacy said...

Love your burger pizza!

yaya said...

Nice joke Ames! Can't wait to see all you monkeys next weekend and hopefully no snow, no sick kiddos and no way I'm I going to miss this! I love the new wheels too. Enjoy the break and don't fret over the weather up North because if I'm not mistaken you won't be there forever!

HowellAZ said...

How fun are you guys and your pizza prank? Can't wait to show Ben the picture of your new wheels, he's going to be jealous with a capital J. :)

Jason & Shannon said...

Love the April fools trick! I also love the new car name! Great pictures and such a beautiful family!

Kent and Leisy said...

I want a mini van!!!!! we'll have to come up and see it soon! I love the color! is it new?

Kent and Leisy said...

and by new I mean 'new or used'?

Rachel said...

I just looked at this and wished that we lived in the same city as I miss seeing you!!