Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Last week

Sophie on Saturday all dressed up and ready to go out on the town!


After I finished arguing with the insurance company I found Sophie here...


and Taylor here.



Last week. It was horrible. Probably one of the most miserable weeks I can ever recall. It started on Sunday night, Sophie puked all over our rug and chair, and all over Craig and the kitchen sink. Ewwww.... I knew that was a bad omen because, of course, Craig had to go out of town. So, just as expected after Craig when out of town, Taylor and I started simultaneously puking. It was a long horrible night full of cleaning up and messes and visits to the bathroom for both of us. By morning, thankfully, I was done being violently ill and okay enough to haul us all to Walgreens to buy all types of sick food. Ginger ale, jello, sprite, pedialyte, and gatorade. We also got some movies from Redbox. Then we just stayed home and I did laundry and the kids slept off and on while I argued with the Dr.'s office and the insurance company about the medication I keep getting prescribed that the insurance company doesn't want to cover. Really a red-letter day for me. Craig came home as soon as everybody was in bed (the beds which had all been remade about 3x's each) and the laundry was all done and folded and put away. Right on time.

Someday, it's gonna be me who skips town as soon as the puking begins.

On a happier note, Katie was the star student of the week a couple weeks ago. I don't think any other student in her class will ever have a poster that out-sparkles hers! Also Taylor flying the moon is pretty fabulous!




3 comments:

Phil and Amanda said...

Amy, you are SERIOUSLY super mom. I don't know you do it, but I wish I could be closer to help...and just hang out. Hope you and the kids are feeling much better now! Love ya!

yaya said...

Boy does that stink...sick kiddos are the worst, but throw in sick Momma and the recipe for disaster is complete. Glad you're all better and like Amanda I wish I was closer to help. I love Taylor's imagination! Super cool and super cute! Congrats to Katie for being student of the week! She's the best! Can't wait to see everyone next week...thanks for having the pukes last week tho../

Stacy said...

That is my least favorite Mom job. Sorry you had to do it by yourself. Hope you have a better week!