Monday, November 22, 2010

Incognito

This is "Flint Lockwood" from "Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs". He is making his plans to build his spaceship. He was talking about how he didn't have the right metal and didn't work at GE so he didn't really know how to build the rocketship. It was frustrating to him and really amusing to me!
They insist that the "hat" (actually silicone cake form)is a "condo hat" for ladies who live in condos!! WHAT??? So funny!

He's being Harry Potter.
Now he's a rock star at the "rockstar" birthday party he and Katie attended on Friday night!
I feel like the kids have spent so much time dressed up in costumes recently that they are undercover! Right now as I type, Sophie is dressed as a dancing cow and Taylor is being "Flint Lockwood" from "Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs", Katie is sporting pink cateye glasses that apparently she wore all day at school and told everybody she was blind without them (and crossed her eyes every time she took them off).

Katie got assigned to make bread sticks for an activity day girls service project lat week so I got a recipe and we made these. They are soooo good! Here's the recipe:

Soft Garlic Breadsticks

Ingredients

  • 1 1/8 cups water (70 to 80 degrees F)
  • 2 tablespoons olive or canola oil
  • 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
  • 2 tablespoons sugar
  • 3 teaspoons garlic powder
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
  • 3/4 teaspoon minced fresh basil
  • 3 cups bread flour
  • 2 teaspoons active dry yeast
  • 1 tablespoon butter or stick margarine, melted
  • Directions

    1. In bread machine pan, place the first nine ingredients in order suggested by manufacturer. Select dough setting (check dough after 5 minutes of mixing; add 1 to 2 tablespoons of water or flour if needed). When cycle is completed, turn dough onto a lightly floured surface. Divide into 20 portions. Shape each into a ball; roll each into a 9-in. rope. Place on greased baking sheets. Cover and let rise in a warm place for 40 minutes or until doubled. Bake at 350 degrees F for 18-22 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to wire racks. Brush warm breadsticks with butter.
I made two batches. One in the bread machine and one on my own (just let the yeast "bloom" in the water for 10min). Both turned out great. I liked how if I had the time I could have the bread machine make the dough and knead it, but if you're in a hurry, then do it on your own.


4 comments:

Donna said...

Looks like it is FUN around your house!! The third pic I was shocked to see how much Katie looks like Craig!! "Cloudy with a chance of meatbals"....,to ofunny!!! Happy Thanksgiving at Yaya's!!!

yaya said...

As much as you all move, some might think you're in the witness protection program...if you ever have to do that, the kiddos will be very prepared to take on any disguise! So much imagination...so little childhood to get it all in! What fun!

HowellAZ said...

Those kids make me laugh...so creative (love the condo hats, too funny). Thanks for sharing the recipe - I'm looking forward to trying it soon! They looked tasty in your picture, and well, I'm a little bit hungry right now, so maybe I'll have to go make some!

Steve and Hailey said...

Great pictures! I almost can imagine that I'm there. Jack wants Taylor to come as Flint when you come in December. I'm sure any costume would do. We must have passed the costume bug onto you guys because Jack hasn't been dressing up lately.

Your breadsticks look so yummy. I'm trying that recipe!