Monday, October 12, 2009

The little things in life...







Here are just a couple pix from last week. Sophie taking some steps over by the front door. Our new calphalon frying pan that I'm soooooo excited about. That pan retails for $100! I found it on clearance at TJMaxx for $29!! (I suspect it originally had a lid to go with it, but I'm still really, really, really excited about it!). The kids were all playing outside so nicely together on Wednesday evening. They looked so cute out there together. Also this weekend we went downtown to the street fair "Fall for Greenville" with Casey and Christina Eichhorn. We've meant to go the past two years, but the first year we were unpacking boxes (we moved in that weekend)and last year we were up in NC with Hailey and Steve. It was really fun. They have Main St. lined with booths from all the restaurants in town and you go around and get little tastes of whatever looks good. The weather was nice, and the company was fabulous and the food was stellar! I had mexican, Craig had Japanese, the kids ate their pizza and we tried multiple desserts. The Black Magic Chocolate cake was yummy, but the Chocolate Chip Pecan Pie was the winner! Sooooo good! I'm gonna try to recreate one this year at Thanksgiving (if not before).

8 comments:

Donna said...

Kids look darling (that Sophie in her polka-dotted dress..Uhhhh!!) and the chocolate pecan pie sounds yummy!! You spending Thanksgiving in Ashland??...making pie for yaya-pawpaw?? I'll be over!!!

yaya said...

Oh my, that Sophie is a doll in that little dress! Sounds like a fun time. Don't you just love fall festivals? What angelic grandkiddos I have!

Rachael said...

it's so true. It's all those little moments, deals, and outings that keep us sane!!

donna said...

Yes! Yes! Everything they said! I don't know how you do it, but it sure seems that the communities you live in work overtime to have fun things going on!

And the kiddos are all growing up so much! I can't believe it! Yaya does have cute grandkiddos! :) Me too!

Phil and Amanda said...

Look how well they all get along! lol! Wish I could say the same for mine!

P.S.
Thanks so nuch for the book for Addy! How did you know she loves to read!?...And Alexis loves it too! :-)

Shannon said...

I have a recipe (somewhere) for Chocolate Pecan Pie. I made it last year and it was quite tasty! Not sure if it's exactly what you ate, but I'd be happy to send it your way if you'd like!

Derek said...

Is that spam?

Kent and Leisy said...

that's turkey bacon, derek!! and it is delicious!!!