Monday, November 9, 2009

My baby, the Alien and selling the house.



















Sorry to have been off line for so long, but here are a passel of pix to make up for it all. You can see the pix of our family Halloween costumes. We were Toy Story, Craig was Woody, I was Jessey, Taylor was Buzz, Katie was Barbie (or Bo-Peep) and Sophie was the Alien (or Little green men). It was so fun and worth all the stress of getting the outfits done. We wore them to dinner before the ward party and the ward party and then on Halloween. I love dressing up! I loved watching Sophie try to crawl in that Alien hat! so funny!
I'm also posting pix of our house. We listed it on Saturday. The pix prove that it can be beautiful when clean! Also I posted a before and after pic of the kitchen. We had granite countertops and hardwood floors put in the kitchen last week. It was nuts but it sure looks awesome. Craig even plumped the sink!(my Hero!).
Also after meeting with the realitor on Saturday we all went to downtown Greenville. It was the most perfect Fall day. We fed the ducks, had ice cream and later pizza, walked through the galleries and Mast General Store. If only it really sucked living here, this move would be easier! Hopefully our house will sell quickly and for full price! (hey, one can dream!). That pic of Sophie in the red stroller, that is such a Sophie expression! What a funny baby! Two chubby cheeks and a funny little mouth!

10 comments:

Donna said...

Alien baby is tooooo cute!! (Katie and Taylor are too....and then there's that Craig...Funny!!) I'll buy your cute house just to live in that wonderful area!! I think you may miss it but hopefully you'll get to Ashland much more often and that will be worth it all!!

Rachael said...

I have been DYING to see these pics!! THANK YOU, thank you! The kitchen is absolutely gorgeous. I'm inspired to do it here since we'll be here in this starter home FOREVER... and ever. And ever. I love the granite you chose. And the Halloween costumes are, of course, amazing - you guys are too much fun. I can't believe you trick-or-treated without coats, in the LIGHT. What a great place to live! Except not as good as Grand Rapids. You just don't know yet how awesome it's going to be when you find that perfect house and everything starts falling into place. How can a place with a Loft and a Target not be a good fit?!

yaya said...

Hey, your kids are seriously out of control...just kidding! How cute you all look and the house looks great. It was always cute and clean Ames! Loved the video of alien baby, laughed and laughed! The kitchen looks super! Hope you get your price and sell ASAP! P.S. My computer won't open the Craig announcement thingie...can you email it to me?

donna said...

The Alien baby is wonderful. It is a good reason to have children! And oh the kitchen! I think we should all do that to our kitchens. It's so wonderful. I hope you sell, but I will miss Greenville so much. Maybe as much as you guys! Then again, I believe Rachael, we just don't know how fabulous Grand Rapids is yet. :)

rachel said...

Adorable pics. And you are such a hottie in those pants, Ames! He,he! I would buy your house if I could- it looks great. Good luck!

Christina said...

You guys look too cute! If you were in a costume contest I know you would totally win first place! The house looks beautiful. The library is all changed around. Looks good! I really do hope it sells fast for you, and I hope you get a good price on it. We will miss you guys soooo much!

Meredith said...

Are you really moving to the midwest? Maybe we will be neighbors someday, just like we always dreamed. I love all your pics, of family and home. Both are gorgeous.
Thinking of you, now i'll be praying too (for a quick sale and a happy move).

Steve and Hailey said...

This is like a super post! Where do I begin? You look so pretty in the picture with Taylor! Your house is so amazing. I keep praying it will sell and only mess up the end of 2009 and none of 2010. Halloween looks awesome. Craig's costume is the best!

I wish we were moving to Chicago sooner. Of course right now we're just still wishing for everything to work out...Have a good day.

Shannon said...

I love your charming house! The kitchen looks fab and I LOVE your leather couch! At least, I think it's leather?

Chris Howell said...

Very very nice. You guys do your home work and house work. You are doing everything you can and now you can lean on the Lord to make up the difference. I pray his choicest blessings (fast sell and great deal in Grand Rapids) are yours.

ch