Thursday, August 7, 2008

It's a Girl!!





Any healthy news is good news and we got good news that we're having a girl!! Katie immediately announced "She's mine Taylor!" so I guess we're all happy about it! She's measuring 12 oz already so that's good. I get to go back in 2 wks to take another peek at her heart, just because she was spine up and that made it difficult to make all the measurements they need. We had to wait over an hour to get in to our appt. and the kids were nutty by the time we got in so it'll be nice to have another ultrasound without the distraction. Here's our current name list: Caroline, Alice, Lucy, Mia, Isabel, Sophia, Hailey, Paige, Molly, Camden, Cortlynn and Jill. I currently like the last 3 best. I think Cortlynn Jill Starkey is a good name. We'll see. I don't think Craig is convinced. Katie wanted to name her "Kate", but we thought that might be confusing, then she decided that she liked "Jessica", but she does like Cortlynn. We'll see, we still have lots of time, and we're still accepting suggestions, yes Aunt Annie, I know, Ingaborg is lovely.

8 comments:

Rachael said...

congrats again! Maybe it's time for girls to be born again. i love how we had the 3 girl cousins in a row, then the 3 boys. can we keep up the pattern? Maybe hailey can have another girl and finish this girl group! I love your name ideas. I like Molly a lot, too, and Sophie is one of my faves, too. IF you don't use it and IF we were ever crazy enough to have more children in our family and IF that baby were to be a girl, I think I'd pick Sophie for her name. but that's pretty unlikely and you're first in line! :) I can't wait to hear what you pick and what little baby-etta Starkey looks like!

yaya said...

I can tell she's a beauty already! You know I like Sophia (my grandma's name) I also like Athena but we already have one of those. I'll come up with some other Greek ones just for fun. I do like your choices and I know that whatever you choose will fit her great!Congrats and I'm hoping for a dark hair, brown eye sweetie! Hmmm...maybe a red head???

Donna said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! Another Starkey girl,...how fun!!!She has a darling little profile already! Cute little button nose like you Amy! I vote for Molly, Caroline, Mia, Camden and Jill. They're all pretty though and so will she be!!!

donna said...

And Congratulations from me too! I like Alice and Sophia and Lucy, but I've got to say that Cortlynn Jill appealed to me more than I thought it would.

Please try not to go with Ingaborg. :)

Kristen said...

Congratulations on having a baby girl! I like the names you picked out...the last 3 are my fav too. I LOVE Camden, but I think that has to do with my love for that show 7th Heaven that used to be on. When I first moved here I went to a birthday party where Barry Watson (the guy who played the oldest kid Matt Camden) was there with his wife and I about died. I regret daily that I didn't get his autograph when I had the chance. Can't wait to hear what you finally decide on!

Steve and Hailey said...

I would love to have a baby girl next and keep the pattern going! My prayers are kind of like.."Your will, your will, but please a baby girl soon!" I'm really sincere though!

To weigh in on the names-I have always liked my name and the spelling. I couldn't have chose better for myself. I am most taken with Cortlynn and Jill. Cortlynn is my favorite, but the look of the letters is a little awkward. Have you seen any other spellings? Cortlyn...hmmm.. I don't know...

rachel said...

Congrats Amy! I am excited for you guys. And a bit jealous! She looks like such a cutie already!

Love you guys!
Rachel

Jordan said...

I'm so excited for you guys! What a beautiful shaped head :) Sara named her lastest baby Caroline, so you know I like that name. Of course I LOVE Cortlynn Jill, and you can call her cort! or half pint when she's little. get it ;)