Sunday, July 31, 2011

A week in the life....

Now Taylor has Katie's fever. Oh joy, another 5 days...atleast we know what to expect.
Soph was all wiped out yesterday after I took her and Katie to the pool. Even the girls were going stir crazy!
This last week we have stuck close to home. Katie had a fever she picked up on our trip down to Cincinnati. I finally took her into the Dr's on Tuesday afternoon only to learn what I was pretty sure I already knew. She did not have strep throat, only a virus. So frustrating, but she'd been running a fever for 5 days!! Don't get me wrong, I'm all about keeping everybody healthy, but our insurance plan has us pay sick visits out of pocket and while we're still playing for Taylor's visit to the ER (which resulted in no meds given, or stitches or staples and yet we have $1100 to pay for the 5 hrs we WAITED TO SEE A PHYSICIAN!!). Anyhow, I could had done with out the hour and a half wait with 3 kids to spend 3 min with a dr to tell me nothing, not to mention the impending bills.
Anyhow, I did haul them out to a park on Tuesday because the weather was so nice (meaning sunny but not humid). Then on Wednesday it was almost cool in the morning so I jumped on the opportunity to fulfill one of my summer goals, a trip to the berry farm to pick raspberries. Imagine how elated I was when we arrived at the farm and it wasn't too hot or too sunny and it was the very last day for picking!!! Katie and Taylor each picked almost 2 pts and I picked 7pts. Sophie just wandered around and played with her mermaid barbie, but it was AWESOME to get out and do something great with my kiddos!!
We spent that night making 9 batches of raspberry freezer jam. Sadly, I couldn't find the pectin I used last year so we ended up with sweeter jam than last year, but it's still good. I miss how fresh raspberry-y it was last year though. I'll have to do some research this year so next year I can remedy that problem.
Taylor did end up with Katie's fever by Thursday night. He has been down all weekend. He's finally beginning to recover now and it's Sunday afternoon. Hopefully we'll be all done with it now (yeah right! you know Sophie is next!).
I took the cutest video of the kids helping me make jam and now it won't upload, any ideas?

2 comments:

Stacy said...

I hope it will skip Sophie. At least you got to make yummy jam!

yaya said...

I made that freezer jam last year. It only took 1-1/2c. sugar. I think I bought the pectin at Wal-Mart. How fun to pick so much..maybe my bushes will produce that much someday..I'm glad Katie is better and hopefully Taylor will get over it fast. Sorry about all those crummy bills..I hate Doctors...well, not ALL Docs.