Monday, July 4, 2011

There's no place like home!

The morning that Derek and Rachael had to leave we had a special girls (grown-up girls) trip to Rockwood Bakery. You can walk there from my parents house, everything they make is amazing and it's a fun atmosphere to stay and eat there or you can go over to Manito Park to eat it if the weather is nice. I miss this place when we're not in Spokane!

We did shrinky dinks for probably over 4 hrs on Sunday afternoon! Very addictive to watch them shrink! I hope mom has finished her Pirate charm bracelet by now!



We did goop (cornstarch and water) for the kids in the backyard after playing at the park (this is to keep them busy while I made dinner. I think we fed them every meal on the back patio. Thank goodness the weather was nice!


We took them to Upper Manito to play on the playset and in the splash park on Saturday evening. It wasn't warm enough for me to feel like putting a swim suit, but they didn't seem to mind! (brrrr....with a breeze too!).


Brave kiddos!

After we left the cabin on Saturday morning (well, it was 11am by the time we got all packed up and cleaned up) I was able to talk almost everybody into a trip to Paul Bunyan's for a Huckleberry milkshake. Even better than I had remembered!!


Here's what we did at the cabin! Such a perfect family vacation! Hang out, let the kids play, let the daddies play ping pong, throw rocks in the lake, go canoeing. So fun!


I was the only one who did the Stars and Stripes manicure! I think Carver is starting to realize just how crazy his Auntie Amy really is!!! HAHAHAHAHA!!


This rails to trails ride that we took was awesome. Made me long to live out West again! No humidity, not tons of bugs. That sweet smell of sap in the warm pine trees. Ahhhhh.... there's no place like home! I guess you just can't take the Idaho out of a girl no matter how many years I spend away!


Such a great ride! I'd love to go again and go on further! Dad says a couple miles farther there's a little deli to get lunch! That's a great day trip!


Ahoy thar Matey's! We didn't take the boat cruise this time, but we did almost go aboard the ship in true pirate fashion! (without being invited).


It was awesome to walk the boardwalk around the Coeur d'Alene resort again. One of my favorite spots in the area!



Grandma came to get ups from the airport!! So exciting to finally be there!


So thrilling to finally be leaving on our trip (we'd been planning it for probably a year or more. Many breakfast discussions revolved around our trip to WA to visit Grandma and Grandpa and go to the cabin!).



We also go to travel with Auntie Hailey and Jack! PARTY!!


We took a week long trip out to Spokane WA to visit my parents and have a family reunion last week. It was really fun to be all together and go hiking, biking, canoeing and stay in a cabin on Lake Coeur d'Alene.




























6 comments:

yaya said...

Looks like a great trip and a fun time for everyone! Hope your 4th has been fun too...mine sucked but hey, I finally have temp power until Wed! Now I need a trip to a cabin!

Megan said...

Looks like so much fun! You guys have been busy!

donna said...

we are such lucky kiddos to have two trips in a summer! I love the pictures they confirm that we really had as much fun as it seemed! Sometimes, now that I'm back at work, I feel like I must have dreamed it! :)

Chris Howell said...

It's what makes life worth living...good times, great family, good memories, an abundance of love.

Rachel said...

Okay, I think we might have been in Spokane at the same time....which is equal parts great and annoying in that I did not see you. Love the shout out to Paul Bunyans!

Kent and Leisy said...

so stinking fun!! I loved your last two posts- and I'm far too jealous about them! Maybe we can be invited to your next fam reunion! :)