Sunday, September 12, 2010

School Days

Taylor really likes riding the bus(Katie doesn't because it's too loud).
Katie at her new desk in her new classroom. Cute hair cut, huh? She wanted to get it cut short just "like mommy and Ramona".

Taylor at his new class room. People keep asking me if he's in "young 5's" a program they run for kids her turn 5 in the fall and just miss the kindergarten cut off. NOPE! His birthday is in March. He's just a shrimpet. Smart as a whip though!


Walking into the school on the first morning!



Katie got her Halloween costume last Monday! She has been so excited to get a poodle skirt! The glasses and scarf are so cute with her hair cut!




Last Tuesday was our kids' first day of school for the year. Taylor just started Kindergarten. I'm on the fence about how I feel about the schedule though. This school district is running every other day Kindergarten this year in order to accomodate the bus schedule. hmmm....who cares about education as long as the bus schedule doesn't get messed up, right? We'll see. Anyhow, Taylor is going to school on Tuesday, Thursday (8:35am-3:45pm) and Friday afternoon from 12:30-3:45. I kinda like that he and I still have some days together, but it doesn't seem like much time to be in school and it does seem like I've been waiting a LONG time for this kid to get into school and now that's been put off another year. It'll be nice that he'll be around to play with Sophie though.


Taylor likes Kindergarten alot and there are 9 other kids in our neighborhood in his class so he knows alot of the kids already and some other kids are from his preschool class last year.


Katie is going into 3rd grade this year. She has Mr. Williams. This is our first year with a man teacher. He seems very nice and organized. I'm anticipating it'll be a great year for her. She did lots of hard work over the summer to help with her Audio processing disorder and we're hoping that getting help in the resource room for math will allow her to keep up and have a wonderful time in 3rd grade.


I am experiencing some anxiety about flu season starting, homework,early bedtimes, and making lunches but I am hopeful that this year will be better than the schedule I was desperately trying to keep up with last spring.

5 comments:

Donna said...

OMG.... LOVE the pink glasses and poodle skirt!!! So me from a few years ago...Ha!! Have a good school year-all!!

Steve and Hailey said...

Cute Halloween costume Peanut! Looks like things are going so well! I don't think that Taylor looks young for his age....Interesting. I love the school bus picture. I can't imagine that I'll be as organized when my kids come off the bus. I'm sure I'll try to get a picture, but it won't capture the moment the same way.

Dave and Michelle Howell said...

Sarah and Bryson had a man teacher in third grade and he was the greatest. We still talk about "Mr. Wilson"!

Carrie Jeffrey said...

oh my heck! that costume is so cute. i still can't believe your kids are that old!!!

yaya said...

I laughed my head off at Katie's costume! People at work did too...they said she needs a pink head band to go with it. I think it's so cute...keep the glasses away from Taylor. Have a great school year guys! (that includes Mom & Dad!)