Wednesday, August 11, 2010

ho hum


Sophie was given this cute little outfit from our friend in SC. She is Taiwanese and used to watch Sophie for us during 3rd hour when I had to teach Beehives. She finally fits them!
We celebrated all of Katie's hard work on her tutoring program yesterday. She has been working on a special program 90 min a day 5 days a week all summer and just finished yesterday! She got dinner at Culver's and a set of pink legos!! We're so proud of all her hard work!


We shot some hoops last Saturday after riding into the village to get ice cream cones.

I was just starting to feel like my white shorts were invincible. Unfortunately, they are not and somehow some chocoate ice cream got on them. Boo. I searched Miejers for a bleach pen today with no luck. I'll have to try Target. I even wore them all day on the Fourth of July and they were fine. I guess it had to happen at some point.



All the kids wanted to help Craig pull the van back in the garage after we pulled our bikes out to ride into the village for our ice cream.




We went to hear Emma Hunsburger play her flute in the marching band last Friday night and Sophie really enjoyed the free popcorn afterwards.





Here's Sophie and Emma after the performance!







Sophie got all dressed up last week. She walks pretty well in my heels!








The kids wanted to scare their Dad last week when he came home from work! Looks scary to me!!






So I haven't blogged lately because I've been too busy running around doing who knows what. Why is it I can feel so completely worthless and yet be so completely necessary for anything to happen around here? I guess that's just one of the joys of motherhood (like the constant heartburn I've been fighting since Katie's conception). Anyhow, here are some pix of what we have and haven't been doing!

8 comments:

yaya said...

1)How dare you say you're worthless... You're doing the most important job in the world and you do it wonderfully! (unfortunately they don't give out academy awards for it..you would win if they did)
2)Sophie looks sooo cute in that outfit and I love her pigtails too!
3)Good job Katie!!! We are so proud of you too!
4)Nice bum shot
5)See you in Chicago soon!

Rachael said...

I love all the newsy stuff in this post. Sophie is so stinkin' cute and your other two are so grown up. I feel sad and far away again. congrats to Katie for working so hard at her program. And what a hot mamma in those white shorts! I hope the chocolate comes out.

summers are hard - you'll get routine back soon, more quiet time and less kids pestering you at the wrong times (like ANY time, if you ask me). And then we'll all wonder why we wanted the freedom to end!! :)

Kent and Leisy said...

get oxi clean stain removing powder. it makes my white shorts invincible! it even removed a month old stain!

donna said...

Oh, wow, I love it! That top picture of Sophie is so like you at that age! Crazy!
1) Yaya is so right! YOU ARE NOT WORTHLESS! And one of these days you probably will get an academy award or something for all this!
2) All the kids looks so cute... and more grown up too.
3) Oh, my heavens! I can't believe you made it this far in white shorts with three kiddos to help you out!
4) wish I was going to Chicago with you. At least I will be come October!

Wonderful blog!

Phil and Amanda said...

Can I just say that your tooshy looks FAB and those are really cute heels Sophie is wearing!?!? :-)

Laurie said...

Amy! Hello, I have lurked long on your blog, but for the sake of your shorts am now coming out of hiding. :)

Milk gets chocolate out. No joke. Hold the spot in your hand, pour a little on, scratch it in a bit and repeat. I don't think I typically have to repeat more than 3 times. The mom who shared this with me says she just uses milk and then washes, but since I like to "make sure" I usually spray some shout or oxi or some such on what's left. And wallah! I'm telling you it's like magic. Chocolate ice cream, Oreos, it's worked for everything for me so far.

Now that that's covered, I must say you have some of the cutest kids ever! :)

Carrie Jeffrey said...

your kids are so big! i feel so old...

Christina said...

Sorry about your shorts, but the bum pic really did make my day! hahaha