Thursday, July 8, 2010

The Fourth

Betcha' can't guess who's who!
Fireworks and M&M's go hand in hand!


Katie wanted to jump on her bike and join the parade. We actually made them wait.

Baby pilates (our neighbors went down to Greenville, SC to visit family and let us use their pool. What a great set up).




Kickin' back!



I'm pretty much in love with the 4th of July here in Michigan! We had the most beautiful day (actually all of these things happened on the 3rd since the 4th was Sunday). We rode our bikes from our house to the village of Ada (1 1/2 miles) and watched the parade. It was cute and fun and not too long. They threw out lots of little candies too.





After the parade we went home and had lunch then we headed over to the village green and they had a little craft show and blow ups for the kids to play on. It was all free! Craig got a characature done of the kids. So funny, whenever we see those he wants to get them done! The kids also got to play on one of those things where they wear a harness and jump on a trampline. Taylor was hilarious to watch! He went SOOOO high! After the carnival and sharing some ice cream cones we came home and took a nap.
Around 9pm, we jumped on our bikes again and went to watch the fireworks in the village. It was wonderful to not worry about traffic at all (we were stuck in traffic last year at Thanksgiving point for 2 hrs after the fireworks!!). We lit sparklers and talked to a bunch of our neighbors that were there and ate M&M's. Then we rode our bikes home and went to bed! The fireworks didn't even start until almost 10:30pm so it was late when we got home, but it was really fun! Next year I'm bringing head lamps for us to wear on the bike ride home. It was REALLY dark! It made it kind of exciting though!

8 comments:

Kent and Leisy said...

I love the baby pilates. she has amazing form! and the drawing is fabulous!!

yaya said...

Funny drawing! I'm so glad you had fun and next year I'm coming out for sure.. I really do love the 4th! Have fun in Chicago this weekend..I'm so jealous, but not of you helping Hailey move, just hanging out with family!

Donna said...

Love Sohpie's piggy tails!! Too cute! Neat caricature!! Have "fun" in Chicago...I'm jealous too!

Rachael said...

Cool trampoline!! I'm so glad that you had a fun weekend.

Laney said...

Why is Taylor holding a mermaid?

donna said...

Yes, I wondered why Taylor was holding a mermaid too. I love the pilates! If only I had that form! I just have the chubby which isn't nearly as cute on me!

that trampoline looks so scary. I believe ANYONE is brave enough to do that! I know it was Taylor on the right, was it Katie on the left?

Amy and Craig said...

yeah Katie was on the left. Taylor is holding a mermaid because he insisted that he hold the mermaid. we tried to have it switched to just a big fish and it was a no go. It'd have been better if we started with him and had Sophie's face be the mermaid.

Rachael said...

I keep thinking about how perfect that caricature is of Taylor. I love the eyebrow! Such cute, cute kiddies!