Monday, July 19, 2010

DREAMS DO COME TRUE!
















































As you can see we have been busy having fun! July 8-11th we went out to Chicago to help Hailey and Steve move into their new place in Naperville. We are so excited that they are there. It's only 3 and a half hours from us in Grand Rapids! It's been a long 9 years since we lived close enough to anybody in my immediate family to visit without flying. We were able to stay with Laura and Robert while we watched Jack and Griff and ran errands and did anything and everything we could think of to help Hailey and Steve get settled. I hope we really were a help!
On Saturday we went into downtown Chicago and visited Navy Pier. Steve, James (Steve's brother), Craig, Katie, Taylor and Jack went on the Ferris wheel. Mom, Hailey, Griff, Sophie and I thought it was nice to watch from the shade below (it was 98 degrees at 10am that day at Navy Pier).
After the Ferris wheel we had an exciting lunch at McDonalds. Then we took a really fun boat tour. It was wonderful to be out on the water and feel the cool breeze. It made me so excited for this Fall when Derek and Rachael, and my Mom and Dad come out too. There is so much to see and do in Chicago. We are so excited to have so many reasons to go to Chicago (tons of Craig's Aunts and Uncles, his Grandma Arends and his cousins live in Chicago also, in addition to my cousin Robert and his wife Laura).
We were able to sneak in a visit to Craig's Grandma Arends and Aunt Midge on Sunday too. It was so fun to check out the new cover they put on the deck and hear all about the wedding details (for Amy and Eric's wedding in Oct).
Since Steve had some research that took him back to Utah the day we left for home, we talked Hailey into coming to stay with us for a bit last Wednesday. It was so fabulous to have her here! I'm so in love with the idea of having her close for the next 2 years! She stayed until today around noon. The kids played together wonderfully and it was the closest thing to cloning myself that I have been able to work out. We went to the gym together and the pool and even fit in a trip to the beach on Saturday! It was sad to see her leave today, but I know she is anxious to get settled in to their new place. I'm hoping to put together a camping trip with them not long after Steve gets back from Utah!







5 comments:

Donna said...

Fun when family can get together and looks like you had a wonderful time!! Nice to have Hailey closer. You look so much like you mom...what a cutie she is and when I look at your picture and Katie's, it seems to mirror that of you and your mom! Neat!

yaya said...

Great pics and I'm glad Hailey's closer too. I'd love to be only 3hrs from Midge, but Dad might not agree! Nice shot from the ferris wheel..made me height sick!

Rachael said...

I'm working through my jealousy... really, I am. :) sounds like SO much fun! and I am SO happy that Hailey moved there - it makes Michigan a much nicer place to live! ;)

donna said...

I'm not really as nice as Rachael (but you knew that) I'm having trouble working through my jealousy. I'm even having trouble caring about insurance! :) I just want to play with you guys and go to the beach!

p.s. thanks Donna for thinking I look like Amy. I'll take it!

donna said...

Oh, by the way, that's a pretty sassy swimsuit Hailey has!