Sunday, June 13, 2010

Katie's Baptism

Katie, Taylor and Sophie on Sunday after she was officially welcomed into the Grand Rapids Ward!
Sophie, Amy, Katie, Taylor and Craig before the baptism.

Katie and Craig before the baptism. That cute little dress is the dress the building has for girls to be baptized in. It fit her perfectly. She was so glad to not have to wear a jumpsuit.


Craig, Sophie, Amy, Katie, Yaya, Paw Paw and Taylor before the baptism. Down below is Katie with her Baptism Towel. Thanks for the awesome momento of the day Ya Ya!








Katie was baptized on Saturday June 5th. I would have put pix of the baptism up earlier, but for some reason blogger was saying they were down. Here are some pix of her big day. It really was nice. We joined forces with another family in the ward so she was baptized the same day as a little boy in her class named Elijah Chino. Craig's parents were able to come up for the baptism

and we were so happy that they could that we asked them to be part of the program. Craig's Dad said the opening prayer and Craig's mom gave a great talk on the Holy Ghost and even gave Katie a really excellent book on the Holy Ghost that she likes reading (she even read it for our FHE lesson last Monday). After the baptism we had ice cream sundaes. It was perfect!

I'll have her add some words of her own about the experience when she comes in from riding her bike!

4 comments:

yaya said...

It was a super wonderful day and I'm so glad we could be there for Peanut! I'm glad the book is one she likes because I really thought it was cool.

donna said...

I so happy yaya was there too! It was a day I felt very far away. I'm glad she had family there and sad I wasn't part of it in person, but I promise Chris and I were there in spirit.

Good Job Katie! How nice your ward has dresses for the girls!

HowellAZ said...

YAY!!!!! Congrats Katie - so cute in the white dress, too. 8 is such a fun age! :) (from what I remember)

Rachael said...

I love seeing these again. What a beautiful grown up girl Katie is. We were thinking of her all day, as well, and wishing we could be everywhere at the same time. And for free! :)